Sunday, June 26, 2011

Twitter

You are not going to believe but I thought of this idea of "micro-blogging" back in 2004. I wanted a venue where I can just jot down my thoughts, jokes, wisdom nuggets aka Gems and various other nonsense. My mind is always racing with some garbage and sometimes I just want to write it down. So since there was no Twitter yet I decided to just start a blog which is this thing. And now there is a Twitter. And someone is a millionaire.

The succession is so simple though right? You have an online journal, then a blog, then better blogs then someone said we need a microblogging platform. Then boom Twitter.

Now alot of people dont understand Twitter especially like old people or middle aged people like our parents and uncles aunts what have you. But Twitter is like a streaming news site but on your phone. Depending on who you follow right because you pretty much control your news flow. Outside of personal tweeting that's really the best use. I wish I would have nailed down this idea and then sold it but that was a pipe dream. Im not a computer guy, I know my way around them but to create the site from an IT solution type of way is just not in me.

No comments: