Thursday, November 01, 2007

Da Bears

Allow me to share my Chicago trip. I will break it down into 5 categories.

First Class :
Well, this one came out of nowhere. I don't know if any of you have ever flew (or flied) 1st class before but listen to me. Before you die, do it. You won't regret it. The footspace is endless, the chairs hug you, the vodka flows like water through a spring, the blanket caresses your skin ever so gently and the biscuits are warm.

How it happened....Upon arriving at the airport I checked us all in at one of those self-service Kiosks and they computer prompted to me a question. "For 90$ a person or $360 total, would you like to upgrade to First Class"? I looked at the boys and they was like $90? Fuck yeah and so we went first class. By the way, I immediately started to talk in a British accent.

Deep Dish :
As you might have heard Chicago is famous for thier Deep Dish Pizza. So after asking the locals which they favor we got the same answer several times over. Giordano's . Now I know pizza. I know it well, in fact I actually tried to make love to it once but anyway this is pizza I never had experienced before. Let me start by saying words like, gooey, flaky, heavy, righteous and super.
Any of those words would be good adjectives to describe a stuffed pie of pizza. This was all washed down with this Goose Island, Honkers Ale, by the pitchers.

NY Pizza is still king but shit I wouldn't mind eating one of these once a week.

Inn of Chicago:
Located right off the corner of Miracle Mile the Inn of Chicago is where we stayed. It was cramped for four of us but very nice. Swanky if you will. The location was great. Right in the heart of downtown, valet parking, 2 miles from Soilder field and when we got there we realized there was no fridge so we called down to get one and they delivered us a mini fridge within an hour. The sink was too small to serve as a cooler so we needed the fridge. That was nice.

The Night Before:
Beer, Jack Daniels, Beer, Jack Daniels, ESPN Zone, Video games, mini-basketball tournament, foosball, pithcing 70MPH, 25OZ beers, walked aronund outside looking for food, called in more bets, more beer, a flask of Soco and lime (Southern Comfort), 3 dozen wings, college football games, ESPN Zone sampler, more college football, candy, the flask again, 711, more jack daniels, some coversation with a homeless man, donuts?, beer, Hawaii laying wood at home, bear game tomorrow, let's be co-herent, gummi bears, no steak knife, limes, beer, jack daniels in the draw with the bible, ice machine, $8 jack and coke?

That was basically a rundown of that Saturday night. No paticular order.

Soilder Field :
It was Bears/Lions, we sat about 38 rows up behind the South Endzone. It was a beeeaaa-uuutiful day. Not a bad seat in the house, people were nice. In front of me were two drunk woman, I think they were mother/daughter. The older mom was high fiving me even though nothing was really happening. The daughter was yelling at the dad of the group because despite his Devin Hester shirt he was openly cheering for the Lions. The Burger King mascot was there, a couple of them actually. The beer guy was HORRIBLE. Bad pourer, too much head, ran out of cups, kept trying to give us Miller Lite which is equivalent to dog piss and was a bumbling fool.
The national anthem, flag/F-16 fly over thing was the coolest part of the day. That and Devin Hester doing the Soulja Boy dance at the 10 yard line while awaiting opening kickoff.

The stadium itself was very nice. I know they re-vamped it a while back, 2002 I think. I'm glad they kept the Roman Columns on the outside. Keeps the nostalgic thing intact. You can walk around the whole stadium rather crowd free as long as you stay clear from the bathrooms. Mens bathroom line at halftime was DMV-like. Just silly. Next time I'm wearing Depends.

We actually never returned to our seats after halftime, we walked around, visited the Pro shop and watched the game from other spots. When we got to the 4th quarter they advised us that no more beer will be sold so we left. How dare they. Bears were stinking up the joint like a fat man with the runs anyway so no one cared. The food was actually good. Brats were spot on and Randolph's BBQ joint was super duper fly. Boneless rib sammich was tight.



Next years trip will be Indianapolis, to see the Colts.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Terrible

El Padrino said...

what ?

ToddPacker said...

swiff is bitter

Crassius Maximus said...

If you ever come to Dallas, holler at me holmes, 'cause the shit is going down here.

Spaceman Spiff said...

70mph is impressive to a civilian like myself

El Padrino said...

crass, no doubt

Anonymous said...

No more beer?!?!...You know the cue to split doncha El-P....You come to Dallas or H-town, I'll be wit Crass...