Monday, July 28, 2008

Happy Birthday

I never knew it would feel this way. You can't even prepare yourself for how awesome it feels to be a father. Especially to a little girl. It just means so much to me. More than anything. Forget dying for her, I'd die a thousand horrible deaths for her. It just gives my life so much purpose. It fills me with joy every morning when I wake up and she's smiling at me. Like the pic from this morning (last one). She was excited because I was singing Happy Birthday to her. Each day I can hardly wait to go home and play with her.

Today is her first birthday, last year, on this date, at 10:13AM she was plucked from my wife's belly and that day changed our lives forever. At that moment I had to grow up, I had to protect her, I had to nuture her, and most of all I had to love her. The last part is the easiet. I mean, look at that face. What's not to love. I'll tell you something, all guys that want childeren want a boy. Of course they do, it's a natural feeling. But there is something about having a girl that just makes a man better then he ever thought he could be.

Today, my little girl is one. Emma, I love you and this is your happy birthday message.


In the Womb.














3 days Old.














Asleep in September.














December.















Easter Sunday.














May.















Early June.















About A Month Ago.
















This morning.














4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oddly enough, she looks kinda like the mailman.




(not Karl Malone)

El Padrino said...

bar humor

Crassius Maximus said...

The hair is really startin' to come in eh, El P?

Anonymous said...

"bar humor"

And?