Friday, March 18, 2011

A poem about Spring that doesnt rhyme

Soon my friends, soon.

The sun will be a burst of warmth, the grass will start to smell ripe again, the trees will start to bloom like a cupcake in the oven and the spring season will be underway. Soon. As we are travelling through lent season in anticipation of my favorite holiday outside of Xmas, Easter, it's nice to finally kick that cold winter in the twat. Mother Nature sure showed us her bitchy side. I recall vividly the mountains of snow on my block. I recall the bitter cold afterwards followed by another mountain of fresh snow. It sat around until lat February. Good riddance winter 2010/2011. Time for Noble Pils beer, March Madness, baseball optimism, Wrestlemania, leg of lamb, jelly beans and Jesus.

1 comment:

Los said...

Well said! I've had it with winter too.