Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Old Time Candy

If you want to take a walk down memory lane look no further than this site . They have every single candy item that I remember loving and growing up with as a kid. Shockingly most of the candy I love had a shelf life of years before I was even born. Bubble Gum Cigars, yeah those were around during the 1940's. Candy Cigarettes too. Atomic Fireballs, the 50's. The recent items like Bubble Tape, Pixie Stix, Big League Chew which was my absolute favorite gum ever and ever, and Nerds and Runts are from the 1980's-90's. My youth. I never understood the love of candy buttons. Those long strips of paper with little candy nibs on them. Like 4 across. That was weird and labor intensive in my opinon. Wax Lips was another one of those candies I had trouble understanding. Now Wax Bottles with that syrup liquid in the middle was the shit. Pecan Logs, Chick-o-Sticks, Cowtales now that was candy. Bit-O-Honey and Now N Laters. Man I used to get into fistfights over Now n Laters. Damn thing would take out a tooth if I ate it now. Be careful not to spend $100 on that site. It's reallyy easy to do.

No comments: