Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Club 200

It's an honor. Really it is. I mean it's not like his 1999 and 2000 campaign. That was the best back to back years a pitcher can have. Some argue the best in History. Winning-est pitcher with a minimum of 200 wins. Excellent company too. The pitcher who previously held that title was some guy named Whitey Ford. Seeing Pedro weave that ball in and out of the strike zone every five days is like a little slice of baseball heaven. I thank the Red Sox for not overpaying this man the way Minaya did. Don't get me wrong, I was for the overpayment. Anytime you can get your hands on a Hall of Fame pitcher a hair past his prime is ok with me. It's not like he's 40 like that stork over in the Bronx. I'll admit it's probably safe to say he won't reach the magical 300 club but 250 looks good. What looks better is me watching 50 more wins on HD every five days.

- It happened. And I know I'm a few days late with this but the Knicks are so bad they literally made Larry Brown sick to his stomach. Way to go fellas, great season.

- I hear Lendale White has a gut like a 33 year old married man with 4 kids. Not good.

- As much as this pains by bones to say this......Kobe Bryant is the MVP of the NBA this year.Based on three things for me. One he averaged about 33 points a game. I'd have to look it up but I know it's been awhile since that has happened. Two, if you replaced him with an ordinary but good two guard the team would barely win 20 games. I mean C'mon, the team around him is putrid. Three, he scored 81 points in a regulation game. And dropped 61 in three quarters in Dallas. Even when defenses zeroed in on him he dropped 30 plus. Plus he defends the best player on the other team night in, night out. It's a slam dunk case. Lebron is not worthy because he must learn how to dominate late in games (like he did in NJ a week and a half ago) and Wade has faded down the stretch. Shaq has not been as dominant as last year and battled some injuries. Nash can't be hidden on the defensive side of the ball and while Dirk is having a ridiculous year, Kobe's is slightly better.

-Pujols is a beast.

El Padrino, OUT.

No comments: