Thursday, September 11, 2008

Never Forget

I think of 9/11 all the time. Actually obsessed with it to a degree.

Each time the Path train that I take each morning rumbles underneath the World Trade Center I get angry. The exoskeleton that still remains bothers me. The new construction underway disturbs me. I can't imagine losing a person close to me the way it went down 7 years ago. I pray for the families and reflect on the day. Anniversary's are for reflection. Let us never forget the day of 9-11-01. I won't. I never will. Walking over the Brooklyn Bridge along with thousands of other stunned New Yorkers, under perfectly blue skies, under not so perfect circumstances my heart is heavy today because of today's date.

3 comments:

Los said...

Here, here!

The Rev said...

We're all New yorkers today, brother!

Crassius Maximus said...

Amen brother.