Monday, July 20, 2009

Summer Cut

Every summer when the bell rang letting us out of school for the last time until September my dad would be waiting for me in the 1984 Oldsmobile with a smile on his face. The smile spoke to me, he was ready to have some fun and so was I. But first, we had to get business out of the way. So we'd drive down to the Frankie on New Utretch Ave, I'd saddle up in the chair and 7 minutes later I had a crew cut. Just like the one below. I am 29 and without fail, every summer I rock this look. Luckily I'm attractive enough to wear it. And luckily it always grows back.

1 comment:

Los said...

I think this was the most favorite day of the year for me growing up ... last day of school. It felt like we had endless freedom ... but that summer had a way of going by way too fast.