Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Water Park Review

With summer here I think a good topic to cover here at El Pad headquarters are water parks. Now, I know a thing or two about water parks. Despite hating standing in line I love me some water rides and been to many of them. Here's a quick rundown of the water parks I have frequented and my favorite attractions.

Hurricane Harbor, Six Flags, Jackson NJ
Favorite ride there. I'm a fan of going faster than fast on a body slide. The more stairs I have to walk up the better. And tubes just slow me down.

Camelbeach Mountain Waterpark, Poconos PA
I like Triple Venom and the Vortex.

Wet N Wild, Orlando FL
Craziest ride I've encountered in a waterpark is the Bom Bay. Your in a rocket, hovering over a body slide and then the bottom falls out from under you, 1 second later your at the bottom. Awesome.

Blizzard Beach, Orlando FL
Disney water park within Disney. They have a great Rapids ride you can do with a group which is always ariot but the best is the body slide Summit Plummet. 120 feet is fucking high. And you get down there quick, 50 mph for a body slide is serious shit.

Rapids Water Park, West Palm Beach FL
Black Thunder is it. I know Black Thunder sounds like the name of an African American stripper but it's not, it's a kick ass ride into darkness.

Mountain Creek, Vernon NJ
Bombs Away. Also the free diving off Big Moe is fucking awesome.

Jolly Roger Splash Mountain, Ocean City MD
The Stealth Mark III is as good as a ride as I've been on. The dude that pushes you down the drop is attached to the top with a bungee chord in case he falls. Gangsta.

Splash Zone, Wildwood, NJ
This one is a bit tame but fun nonetheless. On the boardwalk too so no driving and shit.

Busch Gardens Waterpark, Virginia
I was like 8 years old so don't remember much. Looks nice.

I feel like I'm missing some. Maybe I'll remember and update it. Maybe I won't. Water parks are good times man. I like taking like a Tuesday off and going because the weekends are crazy packed with snot nosed kids.

Check out CNN's top Water Parks across the country.

2 comments:

schue said...

There was a show on the travel channel about craziest water parks in the country,cool stuff.

El Padrino said...

i missed that, will check on demand though thanks