Thursday, August 26, 2010

Networking then

You know what I was thinking on the way in. As I was watching tourists take video of Ground Zero with their camera phones I was wondering what images what have looked like had that technology been around during that day. Sept 11, 2001 was 9 years ago almost. There weren't any cell phones or smart phones with cameras on them then. And if there were not too many people had them. Also there was no Twitter or Foursquare or Facebook. Imagine how different that day would have been with all that social networking around?

I probably would have recorded what I saw, or maybe my walk across the Brooklyn Bridge en route home. Maybe it's a good thing those "amenities" were not quite born yet. Just a thought.

2 comments:

Heff said...

Yep, the blogosphere would have gone APESHIT !

Los said...

I'm still scratching my head about that Muslim temple that is scheduled to open there on 9/11/11.