Saturday, October 02, 2010

Fallin for Fall

Today I profess my love for the fall season. If you live on the east coast and especially the northeast part of the country (Midwest too) then you know what I'm talking about. Fall is my favorite season of the year. Let me count the ways.

Weather. Today it's 66, sunny, slight breeze. The word is Crisp.
Apples. Apple pie. Baking, in general. Apple cider donuts.
Pumpkin cakess, pie, muffins.
Football. From Thursday to Monday with highlightsm analysis and previews in between.
Oktoberfest beer and other spicy dark brews.
Stews, chili's, pot roast, soups and other baked meats. Hearty food.
Foilage. Let's admit. It's beautiful. Gay or not.
Did I mention football?
Another step closer to Christmas, the most wonderful time of the year.
My wedding anniversary, we both share a love for Fall.
Peanuts and The Great Big Pumpkin.
Those fall smells, like maple pumpkin apple spice candles my wife buys.
Windows open at night. Breeze, cool 50's. Blanket, sleep.

2 comments:

Keef said...

"The Great Big Pumpkin"



awesome

Los said...

I love the great sleeping weather too ... no doubt, football is great too!