Monday, April 23, 2007

One Nocturnal Son of a Gun

Vaca recap:

Franklin, North Carolina:

Why my dear mother decided to live hear I'll never know. It's so boring. To go there for a week to camp out is just about all that shit is useful for. There is absolutely nothing going on in Franklin. The nearest mall is in Asheville which is a an hour and a half away, the other mall is two hours away in another state (Atlanta, GA). There is one supermarket, a Kmart, a Wal-Mart, a couple of chinese restaurants (of course those fuckers are eeeeverywhere) and a bowling alley. It really sucks if you live there. Really.

Nothing but a bunch of mountains. I felt like I needed to walk around with a stick and a goat.

The nicest part was that I went up in the Highlands mountains and got a sweet tea and saw this landmark :


















I got to go behind this too so that was exciting, yay!


Atlantic City, NJ :


Anyway thank god on the way back we hit up AC (atlantic city). Stayed overnight at the Tropicana which they really spruced up. It's not just for crackhead degenerates anymore. The gambling went good til I ran into a Mandarin speaking devil woman named Tran. This was on the Texas Bonus Hold Em table. Bitch made my pile disappear quicker than a fat man eats a rib. Did I stay too long, yes I think I did. It was my error and I've been kicking myself over it for awhile now. I'm a specific gambler who for the most part is very cerebral. I always think I can beat the house and honestly ususally do when it comes to table games. I ended up getting some cash back in Roulette and then from a slot machine in Ceasars that was paying me out almost every pull. It was sweet.
All in all time away from work is always a good time, no matter where you are.
Some vaca sidenotes:
I saw a lady wearing a fuckin moo moo in Wal-Mart whilst in NC.
Sweet tea is the way to go.
14 hours driving is not the way to go.
Mountains and waterfalls and trees.
Everyone says hi to each other, that is so annoying.
They really lowered the standard of hiring in Hooters.
Waffle House's = ROCK!

15 comments:

Mama en Fuego said...

"They really lowered the standard of hiring in Hooters."

Hooters had standards??

El Padrino said...

indeed DB

they used to be hot, now it's a bunch of divorced housewife's who smoke Carlton 120's

ToddPacker said...

"Carlton 120's"


hahhhahaahahahahaahhaaaahaa

El Padrino said...

that was pretty funny

Anonymous said...

explain the NLH table game, I saw those in vegas but didn't bother to see what it was about.

El Padrino said...

ok here it goes

you ante is the minimum on the table

you get two hole cards

now to see the flop you need to bet twice your ante

you can check the rest of the way unless you have a monster hand

if you have a monster hand you bet the each time (turn, river)

all your trying to do is beat the dealer

however there is a bonus
the bonus is a series of odds that pay you out if your two hole cards are good, for instance if you bet the bonus (anywhere from the min to max on the table) you receive the odds on that

if i have pocket aces that's 30-1 so i would get paid $300 if I put $5 on the bonus

now, the bad thing is if i dont hit the bonus i lose the $5

the bonus is somewhat rare but the odds are so good you have to bet it

anything from a low pair to pocket aces qualifies as a bonus including all unsuited royals

AA, AK, AQ, AJ, QQ, JJ

Anonymous said...

you pay the bonus up front with your initial bet?

also - does the dealer show any cards?

1 deck or multi?

Anonymous said...

it has to be one deck right? multi deck you could end up with 5 of a kind, etc

Los said...

Funny how you will see the same people in just about any Wal Mart on the face of the Earth.

Steph said...

Haaaaaahaha What Dirty Birdie said.

El Padrino said...

one deck

Crassius Maximus said...

Carlton 120s. Nice.

BLUE said...

I like cake

El Padrino said...

cake is good

ToddPacker said...

rev likes tastykake