Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Muzak

The Foo Fighters rocked my balls off this morning. I slept on them for quite awhile. That's a good band. You know, I have a ton of music that I listen to but I don't really have a favorite band. I mean I guess if you asked me that question I would answer the Red Hot Chili Peppers but it's not like I go apeshit over them or drool over album art like some dorks. Alot of people I know whether it be on the blog network or socially all of them have a favorite band. This guy Los is a huge rolling stones fan, I don't exactly get it but I don't have to. His taste. My sister in-law has a serious crush on Linkin Park maybe because she wants to bed lead the singer but that it's still her favorite band. My father and uncle were huge Pink Floyd fans. Another uncle is a severe dead-head. Cousin loves Rise Against. I can go on and on here. The point is I never really plegded an allegiance to any band. For me, I just enjoy music. If you make good music, I will listen to you. Just to name a few from my library.

I don't mind U2, I don't seek it out...the only steady U2 song I listen to is Beautiful Day. It keeps me from stabbing fellow straphangers.

Colplay. Eh. Maybe a song or two strikes me as listenable. Some of thier shit makes me want to kill myself.

Nirvana, not current I know but fucking solid shit right there.

Pearl Jam, never really developed a ear for them.

Green Day, punk rock, I can stomach them for a little while. Gets a little tired sometimes.

Listen I can't list every band in the world. You get my drift. I haven't found a complete band. Even Red Hot Chili Peppers makes a bum song that you scratch your head. Overall their shit is solid though. I'm kind of glad I don't have a favorite anyway. Keeps me open-minded to everyone else's shit and doesn't allow me to compare this one to that one and so on. It's so hard keeping up to new music anyway. We probably haven't even digested the older new stuff let alone the new new stuff. Especially with all these new dramatic bands like from Europe. Irish band and Snow Patrol and other U.K shit. I, so far, haven't minded their invasion.

7 comments:

Los said...

Snow Patrol is great - I like the Killers too. Here's some others I'm currently in to (in case you ever wanted to check them out):
Orson
The Virgins
Maximo Park
MGMT
Franz Ferdinand
The Automatic Automatic

I have others, but this is a good start.

Anonymous said...

I too, do not have a defined "favorite band" or "favorite MC"

Keef said...

Some of my favorites over the past 2-3 years are Band of Horses, Modest Mouse, and Rock Kills Kid

Keef said...

Like Los said, Maximo Park is good shit too

El Padrino said...

i will take into advisement, thanks

deke my fav mc would have to be Biggie

isiah thompson said...

RHCP are no Clydesdale Choclatiers, that's fo sho.

Crassius Maximus said...

Avenged Sevenfold is high on my list now.