Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Sigh, happy thanksgiving i guess

I wish you all a Happy Thanksgiving with a little bit of a heavy heart. Grandma was admitted to the hospital Friday night from what ended up beeing "bleeding in the brain". Now I'm no doctor but bleeding in the brain can't be good. So while that was fucked up we were kind of led to believe that she would be ok. However last night she took a turn for the worse as now she is slurring her speech, having flashbacks and not recognizing who any of us are. It's quite sad as she has been somewhat of a matriach rock of our family. She's south of 80 years old, still cooked and cleaned like a middle aged housewife and was alert, normal, perfectly fine until this. Now she's a brain damaged old lady and that's not fucking cool. Not cool at all. I'm quite upset over it.

If there is a chance she can rehabilitate the injury and end up being ok I have yet to hear that prognosis yet. This is my hope, all of our hopes. Before going to my in-laws I will stop by the hospital to spend the morning with her. Hopefully she remembers me.


*Thanks in advance for any well-wishes in the comment section*

3 comments:

The Rev said...

I'm saying a prayer to the man upstairs for her right now.

Best wishes and hang in there!

ToddPacker said...

sorry to hear about your grandma, ep.... best wishes and a happy thanksgiving

Los said...

Hang in there, El Padrino. We're all praying for you (at least the ones who pray).