Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Flip-Flop Talk If I May

I want to talk about flip-flops for a minute. Up until like 2 years ago I would say. I was reluctant, as a man, to wear flip-flops. My fear was that they make me look gay. Being as mostly women rock the rubbery thong sandal. I mean I even lived in Florida and didn't own a pair. Rocked Jordan's to the beach and just was gangsta with the whole not caving in to wearing a women's shoe.

However more and more trusted retailers began to make them and market them to men. Places like American Eagle and The Gap as you can see gave men a decent option from the rag tag rubber $3.99, a tad gay looking thong flip-flop. No doubt those maybe useful for wearing on the beach or beating a small dog but I don't think a man should rock the rubber thong flip-flop anywhere other than the beach itself or to throw out the garbage. Call me crazy. Mandals like the one's Romans, Jesus and Russians wear like these are unacceptable to me. If you wear these and are my friend I will punch you in the throat. Immediately. Also the active ones, pictured here are also out of bounds. So choose your sandal wisely men. You don't want to give the wrong impression.

1 comment:

Los said...

I have a pair of the "active" ones, but I hardly ever wear them ... I bought them because I thought they would ween me off the sneakers ... nope, still prefer wearing sneakers.