Saturday, September 11, 2010

Never Forget

Today marks the ninth anniversary of Sept 11, 2001. If you want to check on the progress of the permanent Freedom Tower being erected in place of the gone but not forgotten Twin Towers click here and also here. It will also include a stirring memorial, refelcting pools. Families that had love ones die that day I'm sure will enjoy going there to remember and celebrate their lives.

9 years later and Al Qaeda still remains a threat. The wars in Iraq and Afghanastan are still raging on, more so in Afghanastan than Iraq right now but either way we still have American blood being spilled in our honor. It's easy to say remember 9/11 but daily we all should be remembering the young men and women who are still fighting this war on terror so we can go to work, raise our families, play our games and live our lives.

9/11 will never be erased from my memory, the images are burned in my head along with the smell of destruction and death. I hope one day we never have to worry about dying when going to work. Some extremist blowing up a train or a building or a market. It's not something I spend too much time thinking of nor does it ever stop me from going about my business but it does linger in the back of my mind sometimes. Especially since my work travel has me passing underneath the Trade Center daily.

I'll end on a positive note because even if this day should be remembered for what it was it was also a joyous day for over 10,000 families. So here's to the future!

No comments: