Monday, August 31, 2009

A Short Story

This morning I stopped in a Dunkin Donuts because I had to have the new Heath Toffee donut that is for a limited time only, and as I ate it staring out from a window I noticed right across the street there was an Equinox on the second floor. So as I'm eating a donut, I'm watching people run on treadmills. I thought that was ironic. I mean my first thought is don't these people work? Like what time do thy have to be at work?

My feeling (watching them) is not one of guilt by the way as I think running on a treadmill is by far the most retarded thing to do at a gym. I just can't wrap my brain around paying a membership to a place to run on a machine when you can just run outside. It's bad enough joggers are dumb but this takes it to a whole new level. If I'm going to pay for a membership to a gym I'm going to lift weights or use machines I can't use anywhere else, like in my apartment or house.

Am I crazy?

3 comments:

Keef said...

You're probably crazy. But you have a valid point.

Los said...

I have an elliptical at home that I'm on about 4 days a week ... I've lost about 10 pounds so far ... I doubt that's stupid.

Meiz said...

Don't yoggers get mugged in NY all the time? There's your answer.