Monday, March 22, 2010

NJ's only redeeming quality

You know, there are fewer things I love in life than sitting at a poker table in Atlantic City, NJ winning cold hard cash. The gambling gods smiled down upon the during this trip. I came home with a clean $900. Most of my winnings came at the Bonus Texas Hold Em table. $10 minimum is not so bad it ends up costing $30 just to see the flop. Extra if you play the bonus which you should because that is where you win the real scratch. I hit pocket rockets once (Aces) which pays 30-1, and I was putting $10 on the bonus each hand. Hit Kings twice, (10-1), A-K suited, (25-1), A-J unsuited (5-1) and alot of low pocket pairs, (3-1). Plus I was betting my hands cleverly and not wasting bets by chasing straights or flushes.

Three card poker was another great success. It's a simple game, around the way it's called "Balls". We would play it all night exchanging money back and forth for hours. Basically, you get three cards and if you beat the dealer you win. However there is a decision to make, you can't just go in with 2, 7, J unless they are suited. That would be a flush and would pay 3-1 plus if you beat the dealer. The dealer qualifies with a Q high which is good. It's low enough to be crap a good amount of time. The basic principle of the game is poker just with 3 cards instead of 5. Bonus payout are the best, straights pay 6-1, straight flushes 50-1, trips, 30-1 and the mini royal (AKQ suited) pays 100-1. At $15 minims that's alot of oreos.

I lost about $300 in 20 minutes in Caesers three card and was tight. I saw my wife walking around and she had just loss about $100 on the slots. So I wanted to leave, I had like $30 on me and she proposed we play roulette. You all know how roulette works so we play and the 2nd spin I hit a number for $2 which = $72. Nice. Then I hit again, and again, and again. All in all I walked away with $250 I was back! I love gambling. That's when I took that $250 and went to the Tropicana and busted that Texas Hold Em game up in it's ass. Good times.

By the way the Borgata, holy shit, is fucking nice. Reminds me of a Vegas style hotel. Flashy, contemporary, shiny and loaded with great places to eat and party. If they comp me, which I expect, I will have to take the lady there just us. It's a sexy place.

2 comments:

Los said...

Nothing like riding a hot streak ... I haven't hit one of those in a long, long time.

El Padrino said...

it is a rarity