Friday, September 08, 2006

5 Years.


Finally, something to look forward to. On the anniversary of 9/11 this is what the new downtown area of NYC will look like. Aint she a beaut!
Check out the story from Friday's CNN page.
http://www.cnn.com/2006/US/09/08/new.towers.reut/index.html

I can't believe it's been 5 years. Crazy. I'll probably go over to St. Pat's and light a candle for the dead, say a prayer too. It's a painful day for people who lost someone. That's the least I can do.

I hope everything goes smooth today, hope I make it home to my wife......
It's hard not to think like that. And I'm the type of fella who thinks the total opposite of a bad scenario. Just the memory of that day still resonates in my brain and I know it always will but I'm glad the plans are finalized. Break dirt on that sumbitch boys!

6 comments:

The Rev said...

I would love to see that building someday.

Our thoughts are with you and with NYC today.

Fairmaiden327 said...

:::clap:::

Best,
xoxo M.

El Padrino said...

rev:
your a good man

Los said...

To put a positive spin on it - it was a day that showed how much courage we as a country (and the city of New York) has.

Anonymous said...

The only thing better than seeing that building completed would be Osama's head on a stick, the death of militant Islam (unrealistic I know), and justice for the families of those who died and are continuing to die because of what happened that day.

El Padrino said...

word dirty birdei, word.