Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Mango Salsa

Crikey!
As you may have heard the crocidile hunter has passed due to a very freakish stingray accident off the Baff Reek in Australia. Sad but true. I always thought that when I would here of his death it would be something like "Croc eats Croc guy" but stingray? Freakishly bad luck. RIP Steve Irwin. You were a bit crazy but you were a cool bloke.

I did my normal routine this Sat am. I woke up, I made myself a giant hoagie and plopped down on the sofa. Yep College Football is back!

Speaking of football this week I will run an NFL preview, but it's broken up into like 3 or 4 posts.
So this means every day will be an NFL "capsule" for you the reader!
If your not exicted about that then Lo Siento but this is a sports and life blog.

Plus every Friday I will run a betting type post for the weekend games. I do this pretty much every year and a friend of mine keeps my record and bashes me at times over certain picks. It's fun. I'm usually above a .500 record so that's better than Hammerin' Hank.

One more football note, I drafted a great team on Friday night. The run for $3000 starts Thursday....here's my roster (I had the first pick):

QB- Jake Delhomme
RB- Larry Johnson
RB- Kevin Jones
WR- Donald Driver
WR- Marvin Harrison
WR- Rod Smith
TE- Alge Crumpler
K- Jay Feeley
Def- Ravens

My sleeper is RB Jerrious Norwood from ATL, back-ups include:
QB Charlie Frye and Chris Simms
WR David Givens
WR TJ Houshmanzedah
WR Amani Toomer
TE Jermaine Wiggins

Nice, right?

Ok no more football for now.

Does anyone else feel cheated by this summer?
I feel like it just did like a drive by and during this drive by summer was hangin out the window with it's middle finger up.

6 comments:

Los said...

I feel bad for Steve Irwin - even though he was nutty, I think that was his appeal. Plus, he fought for so many great environmental causes, and had great nature and wildlife shows for kids to learn about. He will be missed.

Looks like a good fantasy football team on paper, BUT everybody loves their fantasy team before the season starts ... everybody.

Wasn't it just June a few days ago? I've noticed that it is no longer bright when I get up in the morning (6:30), and that is a sure sign summer is over.

Fairmaiden327 said...

Your last line had me spew coffee on my keyboard. You're quite the wordsmith today aren't you? Regarding Steve Irwin, ugh, so damn sad. Great personality, the good ones always go young. Guess, I'll expire at 200. Grrrr.

El Padrino said...

Billy Joel

"Only The Good Die Young"

iamunstoppable said...

i definitely saw summer flippin it.. im gonna break that finger off if i ever catch those darn kids!

anyways, is it bad if my first reaction to CrocMan was laughing? then seeing his family picture made me sad. but still.. ya gotta admit, he was asking for it all these years.

also, your league is for $3000?!?! wtf?

El Padrino said...

$300 a team/12 teams
we don't play

Brooklyn stand up!

The Rev said...

Definitely a good team on paper.

Steve Irwin's death sucks, but it is probably the least surprising celebrity death ever. I thought he would have been killed years ago.