Friday, September 08, 2006

I'm A Degenrate

El Padrino's Weekly Football Betting Column

Every week I will post some football picks for entertainment purposes and to show off my knowledge of the game I know and love. Here's how it'll go.

3 College Games, 4 Pro games, 1 Over/Under pick and 1 Exotic Bet
I will keep record of these bets either by myself or with help from readers and or a friend. (York)

Feel free to rip me apart on any and every bet and don't blame me if you lose your house and shoes.

2 quick rules:

I don't bet on teams I root for, mainly because it's equally devastating when your team loses and you lose money. So I will never bet a game that the Giants are involved in.

The other is I will not pick any college games that have a spread of 21 or more. Just too easy.
I pick the hard games, the games that matter. I ain't never scurred.

Quick background, I've been doing this for a while now and if memory serves me correct I have finished above .500 each of the past three years. So, that means I've made money (if I really did go through with the bets, which in some cases I have) which is good.

Anyway without further ado, it's the famous Focker Fondue!!
Joke.

Onto the picks.

LSU -15 over Arizona
This is too easy. I don't understand why this line is so low. I expect a 49-10 drubbing. Something like that. Pencil me in for 1-0 record.

RUTGERS -10.5 over Illinois
Impressed last week with Rutgers performance, count me in thinking they can win 9 or 10 games. That RB is a helluva a player.

Clemson -2.5 over BOSTON COLLEGE
I wasn't iimpressed by BC last week, I'll just say that.


Bengals +2.5 over CHIEFS
Take advantage of this while you can, Bengals won't be getting points that much this season. Chiefs offense cannot compete with the Bengals offense. And neither team has a defense that can stop either or. Now that I think of it this is my over under bet too.
TAKE THE OVER! (46)

RAMS +3.5 over Broncos
Home dog, home opener, turf....This will be one of the Broncos 4 or 5 losses. Bulger lights up the secondary and Stephen Jackson runs wild.

Chargers -3.5 over RAIDERS
I can't even believe people are telling me the Raiders are going to win. On what basis do you think that's going to happen? I mean Tomlinson, Monday night? Terrible Raider defense. Aaron Brooks? I'd be more than shocked if the Raiders win. Dumbfounded is the word, I think.

Niners +7.5 over CARDINALS
Ain't sayin they winnin'...jus sayin they'll cover. Always a see-saw battle between this two teams and 49ers have beaten them before. New stadium, big deal. Same team. This is going to be the first game that Alex Smith throws 3 TD's.

Exotic Bet:
It involves two picks above. It's called a tease bet. Take 6points and either add it or subtract it from the spread given. So I will:

Take the Bengals at +8.5 and the Niners at +13.5.

Both have to win and it's usually double vig. Enjoy!

6 comments:

The Rev said...

I think your best bet in all of that was the over 46 in Bengals-Chiefs. Those two teams are gonna roll up on each other.

Los said...

It's tough to bet on two really crappy teams like the Niners and Cards - I might look into the over in this one.

The Rev said...

I just opened up a bodog account, and based on the fact that both you and Crass took LSU, I'm taking it.

I'm ready to do some winning.

El Padrino said...

oh rev, lsu will make you rich

crass...im wit cha, raiders stink again

los...true but they do play exciting high scoring games against each other

The Rev said...

Thank you for LSU!

El Padrino said...

no doubt rev

not bad, got 2 out of three on college and so far only lost the over bet with the chief game