Thursday, September 14, 2006

Mango Salsa (Deluxe Edition)

Wanted to do a non-football (especially before tomorrow's betting piece) post so here is an extended version of Mango Salsa. No particular idea came into my head so you get it all.

-With everyone from the Rev run with the big head to the hatastical IAM everyone seems to be doing music posts and I just wanted to say that I bet Al Green got alot of poontang. Cuz he was one smooth mofo. His music just relaxes me like few others can. When I listen to it, it's like I'm in this Feng Shui trance. I wanna hug people. I better stop listening to it in the morning though cuz it gets big willie and the twins a little riled up which means I'll have to wait all day to calm them down. I'll listen on the way home, that way I can attack my wife.

-I love NY bagels and pizza. Just two staples that will never go away no matter what happens in the world. Everytime I go on vacation the first thing I eat when I get back is a slice of pizza. Ususally L&B pizza :http://www.spumonigardens.com/ which is a Brooklyn hotspot for the best sicilian slice in the world. I defy you to try their sicilian and say there is one better. DEFY YOU!

-Speaking of NY and shit you don't see everyday I saw a homeless guy doing push-ups in the train station this am. That was different. He had a sign that said: "Betcha a dollar I can do 50"
I like creative homeless people. I will give them something if they are creative like that guy.
One time we were walking in Times Square and this homeless guy had a sign that said: "Curse me out for a $1". And sure enough people would throw a dollar in his hat and then start blasting him with F-bombs and other foul words. It was funny.

-Of course there is nothing like Christmas in the city and before you know it it's here. Sept is half way over then it's 2 months from December. I know, I know, say what everyone else says:
Where did the time go cliche that I bet your saying right now in your head. Anyway the Rockettes were outside my building yesterday as tickets for the Radio City Spectacular went on sale. I implore any tourist or out of towner who is visiting NYC during the holiday to see that show. It's as Christmas as it gets.

-Anyone see Poiseidon? Worth my two hours? I got it at home through netflix. Which I don't know if I mentioned is fabulous. I've had it for two years now and probably have seen close to or over 100 movies. So yeah I beat them for their 17.95 over and over.

-HOT STOCK TIP ALERT.... http://finance.yahoo.com/q?s=CLME.PK
Could be an alternative for gasoline. They harvest rice straw for energy. Yes it's only a nickel and yes it's highly specualtive but what the fuck do you have to lose? For $100 you can own 2000 shares and if it goes up to a quarter or even more your rollin' in it like Scrooge McDuck.
Check out the news and everything from the link above. It's goverment subsudized so this could be the real thing. Believe me one day we will have fule alternatives.

-The Anna Nicole thing is weird. Now she's claiming memory loss of the whole thing. Bahamas officials have not ruled out foul play. Poor kid. He never had a shot anyway.
http://www.breitbart.com/news/2006/09/14/D8K4K34O2.html

-I usualy don't watch any network TV, mostly because I watch sports all the time and/or moveis. But I may tune in to the new Survivor that it premiering tonight. The idea of seperating the tribes by racial ethnicity is intriguing. And I don't have a problem with it. I think the flak they are catching is bit much I mean can anything be done in this country wihtout a damn protest?

- I think Katie Couric's sign off should be "I suck"

That is all.....

Quick pick - WVU tonight -17, I'm in. No this doesn't count for tw's picks.
Enjoy.

16 comments:

Spaceman Spiff said...

when you have something such as netflix, "worth your time" doesnt need to be a requirement, just watch as much shit as possible

Spaceman Spiff said...

the anticipation for this weeks picks is building up, maybe just in my workspace here, but thats all that matters.

Spaceman Spiff said...

depends if he wants to give the privileged info to lurkers on the LOV site

The Rev said...

Al Green is one of my favorite artists. I urge you to see him live if you ever get the chance.

NY Bagels... MMMMM! Bergen's Bagles are the best.

El Padrino said...

i'll post on sons fo kc
i'll email the rev the post or he can email me and i'll be on as a contributor
doesnt matter to me

spiff, i aint going 7-2 every week but i'll try

yeah too late on the poisedon, i have it so i must at least watch some parts, maybe i'll just watch rossum's wet nippples then fast forward to end and part whrre water kills people

Los said...

Hmmm - 5 cents a share might be worth it.

I think a homeless person should entertain for money - I'm sick of the people with the windex and squeegies - they end up soiling my window more than anything else.

Eric said...

im sure the pizza is but spumoni sounds kind of gross. skeet skeet

El Padrino said...

Spumoni is excellent
a perfect blend of

cremalatta, pistachio and choclate gelato

i like to call it "heaven in a cup"

Fairmaiden327 said...

I need more. I know there is more. This was entertaining AND informative. Oh, you are very very close to me work-wise. We should have lunch.

Martin VanNostrand said...

El P - a friend e-mailed a pic of this homeless dudes sign that read:

"Ninja's killed my family

Need money for Kung Fu lessons"

It had a smiley face underneath too. I would give that guy some duckets for sure.

El Padrino said...

mv that's funny shit

Anonymous said...

I think Katie Couric's sign off should be "I suck"

LOL!!! I did watch Katie Couric twice and she is just too perky or something to be the anchor. She looks uncomfortable and what the fuck was that blue mormon smock shit she was wearing the other night??

Anonymous said...

I think Katie Couric's sign off should be "I suck"

LOL - I watched Katie Couric a couple times and she definately doesn't seem to be fitting in behind the desk, and what the fuck was that blue mormon smock shit she was wearing the other night????

~Dirty Birdie~

Spaceman Spiff said...

she did steal millions of dollars tho, damn her

Spaceman Spiff said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Steph said...

Now see you have creative homeless peeps over there. Ours barely look alive. How rude! The least they could do is be entertaining dammit!!