Thursday, September 21, 2006

Would I Do It Again....Does A Bear Shit In The Woods?

As I said yesterday working from home was a phenomenal experience. I wanted to go into detail of how phenomenal it actually was.

First, there's no commute. Unless you count the steps you and your morning wood take to the bathroom to relieve yourself, there's no N Train.

Or as I sometime call it, The Third World Express. That's right, there's no sneezing, coughing, disgusting aliens to deal with at 8am.

There's no "delay of service" or "there's a red signal ahead, we will be moving momentarily" to worry about.

Second, the attire is totally up to you. I chose casual. Real casual.
Good old-fashioned boxers. American made in Taiwan, comfortable as a mutha and very fashionable indoors.

I also went nude for an extended period of time because well, I can do that.

Third, food. If you've never been to El Padrino's Cafe your missing out. The food is excellent.
Even the leftover's are a king's meal.
Canned soup? Non-sense. Pot-Pie? Don't get slapped.

I'm talking leftover chicken parm, a Boboli pizza prepared by the chef himself, prosciutto balls from Pastosa and some Italian olives. Bueno!

No to mention the snacks...and they are all FREE!!!!!

I also have to mention that I snuck a beer in there too. I had to. As I'm approving payments of over a half a billion dollars I'm swigging on a Sam Adams. Life is good.

Fourth, co-workers. No more gollum. Who if I haven't mentioned in the past, I sit next to a guy who looks like the Gollum from Lord Of The Rings. You know, the little creepy gnome that snatches shit from everyone. Identical. And he's fairly annoying. And he's Polish. So that's like a tri-fecta of characteristics that makes me not want to sit next to you for 50 hours a week.

Fifth, downtime. I'm no smoker so I don't get to go outside my building 47 times a day to inject poisons in my lungs like some lucky folks. So my downtime includes perusing the net or walking outside for 20 minutes or so. But when your home who wants to peruse the net when you can just watch the Price is Right (Barker is still alive!). Like I mentioned in yesterday's comment thread during the course of two days while "working" at home I fell upon some movies that happen to be on cable. Good one's too. Cape Fear, Friday Night Lights, Austin Powers, Die Hard, Batman Begins, and Lucky Number Slevin.

And of course Madden 2006 was played. Over and over agian.

Today I'm back at my miserable office. Confined to this silly thing called a "cubicle".
Sitting next to a real life gollum, getting harassed by anyone and everyone expecting me to "work". It's like the first day back from vacation, cept I ain't got no tan. It's sad. Really.

I tell everyone to consider themselves lucky that I'm wearing pants today.

15 comments:

Martin VanNostrand said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Martin VanNostrand said...

I think the saying is - Better to have worked from home and returned to the cube than never to have worked from home at all.

At least you got to touch it, to taste it. You can tell others about it as they sit and listen with jaws dropping in awe. Fan the flame of office snared dreams El Pad. Spread news of this promised land you have walked through and let the hopes of millions rise with it.

Fairmaiden327 said...

I LOVED THIS POST.

Anonymous said...

Hey now! Easy on the Polish hatin'. We ain't all bad. Some of us shower, occassionally.

Working from home is the shizit. I would love to work from home again and in fact am working on making that happen eventually.

The Rev said...

I speak for everyone when I say that we are extremely lucky that you wore pants today.

El Padrino said...

Martin- I will, I am a prophet

FM- thanx, i did too

dirty- it's different, he's polish, annoying and looks like a mystical creature.

rev- you have no idea

Los said...

If I worked from home, I'd probably develop "Masturbator's Wrist."

Anonymous said...

LOL Los - that's a visual that will stick with me...

Anonymous said...

I am, of course, forwarding this to your boss. Best of luck.

El Padrino said...

Stevo:
you are my hero

Fairmaiden327 said...

LOS!!!

mushroom said...

I wonder if i could convince the boss if i could work from the beer garden next week? well it feels like home....

Steph said...

I wouldn't get squat done if i worked from home, but then, it doesn't look like you worked too hard either ;)

Eric said...

I love that anytime you're at home during the day when normally you wouldn't be there, whether you'd normally be at work, school, whatever, it's an absolute requirement that you watch The Price is Right. If it weren't for old people and sick days that showed would have faded into bolivian years ago.

El Padrino said...

the price is right rocks

no matter who you are
good call eric