Monday, October 16, 2006

A Taste of Mango Salsa

I got my Series 7 test this week (Friday) so this might be it for me for the week...
Until then here is a tad of Mango Salsa to dive into.....

I really never talk about what I do professionally but I came across this gas price article this am and since it involves Hedge Funds I can relate. Thought you guys would be interested. Alot of people feel the high gas prices get manipulated by government and while that might be true don't ever rule out the possibility of the market. When I say the market I don't always mean the stock market, there are other markets to which I refer and for this case I mean the commodity market. Futures is what some of you may know them by. It's pretty boring to the average schmo but it's really quite fascinating if you learned it. If you think your paying too much for a pound of coffee or for a quart of OJ (watch Trading Places) look no further than the futures market. The price of say "coffee beans" may be high and traders who trade these future contracts may be bullying the price (to make $$) that in turn force consumers to pay more that it may even be worth. This article I am linking is dealing with Natural Gas which is a commodity. Check it out if you want.
CNN GAS PRICES

Mets got to do it tonight, the thought of a game seven, albeit home, scares me.

I saw "The Departed" over the weekend and let me tell you. That was a great movie.
Go see it right away. Dicaprio was great, Damon was real good and Nicholson was awesome as a crime boss. Not to mention fucking Baldwin and Marky Mark. You guys really got to go see it. Downside was the length, I thought a 20 minute edit would have done justice.

On the big screen, the Frank Miller "300" movie looks really fucking good.
Visually stunning is how I would describe it.

Other upcoming flicks that look good......
"Catch A Fire" : with Boobie Miles
"Flags of Our Fathers" : A Eastwood flick about the Iwo Jima solders who raised the flag
"Borat" : Funny stuff
"Blood Diamond" : Sierra Lione territory....guns, diamonds, rebels.....good stuff.
"The Good Sheppard" : The life of a CIA agent and the effect on his normal life. Through his eyes, starring De Niro, Jolie, Damon. Also Directed by De Niro.

There are 300 million people in the U.S as of 12:0whatever this am. And there are 237 million vehicles. That makes sense. We should kill all the rich people.

Oliver Stone is up to his shit again as he is in plans of making a movie about the hunt for Bin Laden. Can't wait for another liberal view of this.
Why don't we just blame Bush for the JFK assasination?

Wikipedia's featured article today is about the Chola Dynasty. Jus sayin'.

Dog The Bounty Hunter is in some shit huh? Condelezza Rice has 29 House of Reps asking her to stop his extradition to Mexico to face charges from an arrest he made there. Cool.

Fall is the best weather. Love it. I smell winter too. Can't wait.

Wish me luck. I'm a failure.

8 comments:

Los said...

I saw two movies this weekend - neither new, but still:

1. Stoned - it is a movie about Brian Jones, the founding member of the Rolling Stones, who died under controversy in the late 1960's - the movie painted an interesting picture of all involved (plus, lots of nudity).

2. And Justice For All - A Pacino flick I never saw before, and it was great. Gives you an idea on how good of an actor he once was.

Spaceman Spiff said...

personally, i cant wait to see The Departed: Director's Cut. They supposedly left a half hour out of the movie. probly scenes involving the girl, the envelope and marky mark.

El Padrino said...

spiff, yes. i could explain but it will ruin it for all

los. was, great word

Fairmaiden327 said...

What the fuck, you're a commentator now? I felt like I was listening to a rundown on Entertainment Tonight. In other news I heart you and am wishing you the best of luck although I know you'll do well on your test.

Anonymous said...

You had me at "departed" ;o)

I loved to see you "outside the sports posts!"

No kibetsing...I really like the previews...

El Padrino said...

ahh a fellow finacier!

ok super, i'll try

Steph said...

Those movies are all manmovies. ie not something I'd spend money to see. :P
If i can download them for nuthin',i might consider it.

Fairmaiden327 said...

EP - have a great weekend.