Friday, June 20, 2008

It's easier to pull the trigger than play guitar. Easier to destroy than create.

I have a terriffic tequilla shrimp recipe I think I should share. I first had this sort of dish in Cabo San Lucas Mexico at Cabo Wabo. Sammy Haggar's joint. This recipe is not exactly that dish but a bit similar to what I remember.

Figure about 2 pounds of shrimp, peeled/deveined....

Marinade: 2 shallots, 2 cloves of garlic, salt, pepper, olive oil, fresh lime juice, cumin, cayenne pepper and of course the main attraction, Tequilla.

I'm bad with measurements so bear with me. Be liberal with the S&P, go about 8 shakes of the Cumin, I'd say about a half of a cup of the Olive Oil, and a little less that a half of a cup of the Tequilla. Oh and the juice of 2 limes. If the first lime is real juicy that would be enough. Use the Cayenne to your liking. I go about 6 shakes because I'm gangsta but that's just me.

Easiest way is to skewer up the shrimp (if using wood skewers be sure to soak them in water first) . Then pour the marinade over the shrimp and refrigerate for about an hour or two. Then grill. Then eat. Preferably with a beer or margarita if that's your thing.

Then while your eating them, remove your pants and do a dance.
Just kidding. But whoever does this and proves it with a picture or video gets something in the mail from me. Cuz that would be hilarious.

5 comments:

Keef said...

Looks fantastic. I'll be trying that soon.

Anonymous said...

I prefer to do the good food dance sans pants.

The Rev said...

When you say no pants, does that mean underwear is allowed to stay on?

Cause if it is, I might do that.

Los said...

Skewering and grilling shrimp is fantastic, especially with the right marinade.

El Padrino said...

no one wants to see your wedding tackle rev