Wednesday, June 18, 2008

So you lie to yourself to be happy. There's nothing wrong with that. We all do it.

Funerals suck.

I was thinking, you know those people that dig the graves? Essentially known as Gravediggers. What kind of job is that? Who signs up for that shit? Morticians too. I know they must take pride in making the deceased look decent for the family but these people must be missing a part of thier brain that we have. Just creeps me the fuck out.

I'll say one thing about Funeral Directors. All day seeing families in mourning and all day dealing with burials and what not they must get off of work and really enjoy thier downtime/social life. I could see that being a plus. I mean really enjoy being out of work. You know what I'm sayin?

Mints are key. Just as important as strategically placed tissue boxes.

I think when I go I would want a video montage of myself played. I would also like Mr. Met to pay his respects, a live cabaret band, a pit of snakes and a fully stocked bar for my mourners. In addition no tears are allowed. If you cry, you get thrown out DJ Jazzy Jeff style. Fuck that. Life is sad enough. Deaths should be happy.

Oh El Pad died? Fucking A man I hope they have Wild Turkey cuz I'm getting fucked up at his funeral.

In other words what I'm sayin is, weddings should be like funerals and funerals like weddings. We got them all backwards. Agree?

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

My buddy's dad is a gravedigger. There's good money in it. Trust me.

Los said...

I think you need to be very introverted (amongst other things) to be a mortician ... you probably need to be extroverted, patient, and calm to be a funeral director ... A person I went to school with is a funeral director ... he was a little creepy back then ... I'm guessing he's still this way.

Keef said...

Working w/ dead people is crazy. FMK wanted to be a medical examiner for a long time. I don't understand some people.

The Rev said...

I would DJ your funeral.

Anonymous said...

Yo dunny, you're the lead on the next Tem lesson.

The subject is your choice.

Fairmaiden327 said...

Hello my friend. What timing. Been to two wakes in 10 days. Life is short. Hope you are well.

El Padrino said...

sweet rev!