Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Life Dictates

I have a saying in life that goes like this, "Sometimes life dictates your situation". Essentially that means that I would like to open up a food truck, sell sandwiches for cheap, park it downtown Manhattan and watch the money pour in. I know I can do it. I know my food is good, and I know the market for this. I know it'll work. But there is this one thing. I'd have to quit my Wall Street job and pour about 50K into the business I want to establish. The problem with quitting a job is simple. I have one. Lots of people are unemployed. I worked hard to get where I am, I have 10 years in the business already and I have medical insurance. There is this one other thing though. I HAVE A BABY DAUGHTER and WIFE. Since I'm the bread winner I really can't just quit up on a whim that I could sell sandwiches downtown and make it much more profitable than a steady paycheck I get now. Sometimes your life dictates your situation. If it didn't, I assume we'd all be doing whatever the hell we wanted to. I should write in to Mark Cuban. Maybe he'd fund the project.

1 comment:

Keef said...

like, woe