Saturday, January 02, 2010

New Years Resolutions Expounded

Just realized how much writing material I can get out of my New Year Resolutions. And since they are all 100% real I will expound on some of them. This will be fun. Maybe I'll do like 5 a day or 5 a post. Maybe one. Maybe I will forget about this and bore you with other drivel.

Learn the secrets of Kung Fu.

Since the first time I heard the GZA's Liquid Swords album as a young teenager I wanted to learn the secrets of the Samurai. It's like knowing the meaning of life. If I could just learn like two moves that when executed properly can make me a killing machine I'd be happy.

Eat more fish.

I don't eat fish regularly. Barely eat it at all. And I mean fish. Like not shellfish. I hear it's super healthy for you unless your name is Jeremy Piven. I know how to cook too so it's not like I would struggle with making simple fish dishes. It's just not part of my routine. It's butcher, dry cleaning, fruit store. Repeat. Gotta mix in the fish store. Got a great one right across the street from the butcher too. Maybe tomorrow I'll walk over their and snag a snapper for dinner.

Keep my lips un-chapped.

Just embarrassing when your lips are chapped bad and you have to hold a conversation with someone. This should be on everyone's list.

Get some new pants.

I enjoy a nice pair of slacks and am rarely late. It's as simple as that. One thing though, I only like Macy's Men's Department for my work clothes because of all the choices.

And socks.

Where do they go? Serious. Are all our missing socks on an island somewhere with Notorious BIG, Tupac, Jimmy Hoffa and Elvis? Every time my wife comes home with the clean laundry I'm down a pair of socks. It's mind-boggling.

Until next time.......Diaries of the expounded NE Resolutions.

4 comments:

Los said...

I have a love/hate relationship with fish ... there are times I love it, and there are times I hate it ... I'm in a "hate" mode right now.

Meiz said...

Fish is super easy and cheap.


Butter
Garlic powder
salt
pepper

done.

Meiz said...

I bought a bigass cod filet today. Gonna be awesome.

Anonymous said...

I think one of your advertisements caused my internet browser to resize, you might want to put that on your blacklist.