Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Draft Day

With Draft day upon us the trade talk will never be heavier than today.

Here is a link to great NBA rumor site. The Celts trying to grab Iverson is dominating the headlines. Then there is Phoenix and Chi-town talking bout Marion.
Seattle is involved in that as well. They want Marion and are offering Rashard Lewis. Suns coach says it ain't happening. Shane Battier maybe gone from Memphis? Boozer on the go again? Camby man? K-Mart?

So many things to read. Thanks to Old School Nasty for turning me on to this site.

http://hoopshype.com/rumors.htm

Few more things on tonight's draft:

- Few "experts" have Knicks taking Rajan Rondo with the #20th pick. I don't like it, I don't like him as a player. If Lowry is there I'd much rather him. With the Kincks roster the way it is they should be a running slashing type team similar to the Suns. Lowry not only fits in but plays lock-down defense.

- Shelden Williams to Atlanta would be another abortion of a pick by the ATL front office. After last year's Chris Paul debacle they cannot afford another F- pick. There are like 10 players that are better for ATL than that Alien head from Duke. Depending on who gets drafted in front of them the following players might be available. Roy, Morrison, Thomas, Gay, and M. Williams are the short list who ATL can use right away.

- Redick saying now he has a herniated disc. But does not need surgery. This kid's timing is a bit off. First the Wild Turkey stunt now this. Does he want to fall out of the first round?

- The Celtic trade for Iverson is really heating this up. Interesting Philly would deal him to a division rival. Really not making sense to me. I cannot guess on the parameters of the deal but I know it includes at least Celts pick plus Wally Sqwefojaklfaslz and Tony Allen. I hope Celts get at least another player or a second rounder....Cuz that's a little too much for AI. No doubt he's a ridiculous ballplayer but the worth of the high 1st round pick plus two good players is high.

- On a baseball note my prayers go out to Peter Gammons who is in ICU after brain surgery to battle a sever brain aneurysm. He's one of my favorite sportswriters and in studio analysts on ESPN.

5 comments:

Los said...

I'm guessing there are so few offers for Iverson right now, that they have no choice but to listen to the Celtics. Who knows, there may be a phone call right before the draft.

As for Gammons, I heard about this when I woke up this morning on Comcast Sportsnet. I guess I kept missing it on ESPN, but didn't see anything there. He seems like a well-liked guy throughout baseball.

The Rev said...

You just told me about Gammons. Wow. I hope he's OK.

I will get an Iverson Celtics jersey in protest if they trade him to the Celts.

I'm not saying I will become a Celts fan, I just will do that.

El Padrino said...

gracias crassius

Los said...

Smokin' - you've been known to jump on bandwagons between Philly and Boston in the past - I wouldn't be surprised if you became a "Celtics fan."

jali said...

Knicks...

Yeah! Knicks...

I just can't work up the enthusiam.