Friday, June 23, 2006

Mango Salsa (Friday Edition)

Friday Edition of stuff I wanted to touch on but don't reall warrant an entire post....

Adam Sandler's new movie Click opens today. I find that some people don't like Sandler as much as I do. I try to figure out why because I think he's pretty funny and most of his movies I've enjoyed. Little Nicky notwithstanding of course. That was probably one of the worst movies ever made. Maybe it's because I watched him alot on SNL. But hits like Big Daddy, The Longest Yard, Waterboy, 50 First Dates, Anger Management, Mr. Deeds and The Wedding Singer. And of course who can forget the exacta he pulled of with Billy Madison and Happy Gilmore. I expect to eventually (I am huge movie guy but rarely end up going to see them in the theaters---I get Netflix) see Click and I fully expect to enjoy it.

North Korea testing inter-continental missiles is a scary reality. More and more countries are arming themselves now a days and I truly believe that one day there could be another World War. And that is frightening. With today's weapons it ain't your grandaddies World War. Besides that this North Korea country really has some pair of nuts. Do they not consider us a threat anymore? Has our "power value" decreased with our current battle against Iraq? If so they are making a big mistake. We are still the most powerful country in the world and will continue to be. We may not be able to put a soccer ball in a net but we still can beat the living hell out of you. Don't try us.

Add one more to the Tuesday's disgusting list. Humidity. Man I hate it. Speaking of Hate. Daily Hater (linked to right) ran a guest spot for Hating on something today. Good idea. I'm 6:1 to win and after my comment on his posting I feel confident. Don't let the comment fool you. I live my life with happiness and zest but in the end of it all. It sucks. And anything that sucks should be hated. Except a vacuum cleaner. They suck but in a good way.

Damn Hurricane season really effecting my vacation situation. We have a vaca booked for Los Cabos Mexico but tow of our friends backed out because they were a couple and broke up with each other. So it's either one or the other or no one at all. Thinking about canceling it and headin back to Jamaica but like I mentioned earlier those damn hurricanes are always lurking.
See the Wlima episode on the Real World yet? That would definitely ruin a vacation.

Interleague play. Pro or Con? Mets get the short end of this stick this time around. At Toronto, at Boston then finish up home away from home at Yankee Stadium. Tough. Plus to me the Yankees / Mets thing is played out. If they want to keep it they should just play three games and alternate yearly the park. Six games is too much. Anyway I think the Interleague thing has ran it's course. They should also alternate yearly. Every even year they should have interleague play. But to a minimum. Maybe two series at home and two away. That makes more sense to me.

NBA offseason is looking mighty juicy right now. Several big name players in trade talks including Shawn Marion and Kenyon Martin. Not to mention the inevitable Iverson trade. This plus the draft equals a bunch of good stories.

Finally a couple of links.....

Meyers is so pissed at the Phillies season and his pitching that he took it out on his wife.
http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2497723

Best Soundboards. Play Arnie's crank calls....Hysterical.
http://www.ebaumsworld.com/morepranks.shtml

4 comments:

Los said...

I like Sandler too - for some reason, his routine never gets old with me.

I hate humidity, as well - makes my boobs sweat.

Also, I have a vacation planned for the Outer Banks, end of July - right smack dab in the middle of hurricane season - can't wait!

The Rev said...

Brett Myers... oh, that's just fucking great!

I know where Boylston and Dalton Sts are. It's not far from the park. My guess is that they were out drinking in nearby clubs, and walking back to the Sheraton. I know their plane left for Boston last night at 5pm, so they probably went out to enjoy the city on a night off.

There is never an excuse to hit a woman. Unless she's coming at you with a knife like Glenn Close in Fatal Attraction. My guess is Mrs. Myers was not armed.

And Brett Myers is a well-known hothead. That works against him right now.

This season just got ugly.

El Padrino said...

Never hit a woman....

But you can shake the shit out of her....

Martin Lawrence, "You so Crazy"

Just telling it like it is said...

Old Balls...I loved it when sandler said "your leaving me for old balls"...

Love Love him...hey I would even like make out with him...