Monday, June 12, 2006

Mango Salsa

Blogger.com has really been giving me problems. I wanted to post on Friday but they didn't let me. Problems seem to be fixed now but for how long I don't know. Now let's get our sports on..

Mets take 4 games out west and are now 10 games ahead of Atlanta and 6.5 of Philly. Big series starting tomorrow at Philly. I'm not going to say much about it or get too excited because it's still very early. But Beltran is finally start to hit like a guy getting paid alot of money. He still can't play center the way a real centerfielder does but if he hits then let the bloop singles fall.

Mavs look impressive. Team ball re-defined. Playing like the Pistons of 2004 but with better shooters. Shaq is looking his age and it looks like D-Wade just ain't ready to carry a team. I'm not counting the Heat out though. Master motivator Pat Riley had this to say :

"Everybody's written our team off. We lost two games to Chicago and then we got buried in New Jersey in the first game. We were history. And then we were history against Detroit. I'm sure were history now."

He's a scary man.

USA has a real gut Czech match today.

Bernard Hopkins goes out on top after dominating Tarver for 12 rounds. Hopkins had a nice career and really had no drama around it like other Boxers.

Yanks are in a lot of trouble after getting swept by Oakland this past weekend. Not only are they old as a wooden ship but the pitching staff is what I would call "shitty". I wouldn't be surprised if they missed the playoffs.

I have to pass along this website for the people who are interested in the HGH situation started by Grimsley last week. In the affidavit it mentions a personal trainer who works with Prince Albert. I hope there is no link but who knows. Until the players association and that fat toad Donald Fehr agree on blood-testing, certain steroids will always be undetectable.
http://www.deadspin.com/sports/baseball/so-weve-got-some-affidavit-names-179400.php

Four Brothers gets 2.5 jack and cokes (that's my rating system). I saw it over the weekend and it was ok. Andre 3000 from Outkast can actually act. Interesting.

Beer can prevent prostate cancer. I love nerds.
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060612/ap_on_fe_st/beer_prostate_2

I prefer tea over coffee. My boss says that's not only wrong but he says it shows female tendencies. Now that just ain't right. Tea is the drink of life. Nothing like a hot cup of tea to start the day. Coffee stains your teeth, stunts your growth and gives you something else to be addicted to. You never hear someone say, "Man, I gotta stop drinking 4 cups of tea a day".
It's not like I don't like coffee. Once in awhile I will have a cup but as far as my everyday hot beverage, tea is for me.

Should we consider competitive eating a sport? Some dude ate 47 grilled cheese sandwiches during a competition in Vegas. He's the same guy who insiders say can challenge Kobayashi for the Hot Dog eating champion.

Padrino out.

4 comments:

Los said...

Mets could run away with the division this week if the Phils falter.

I'm not a big coffee or tea drinker - I like both in small doses.

Unfortunately for all those people (me included) who want HGH tests, the NFL said they aren't going to test their players, because they don't trust the tests ... which means baseball won't do anything about it either.

The Rev said...

"The NFL said they aren't going to test their players, because they don't trust the tests"

Could we not read that statement instead as "The NFL won't test their players because they are afraid of what the results will be"?

Los said...

Agreed, Smokin'. It is so obvious.

El Padrino said...

It's simple. We need blood tests to detect everything. If not it will always be tainted.