Monday, June 19, 2006

Mango Salsa

Wade is unbelievable right now. Completely took over that game last night and willed the Heat to a 3-2 series lead. Even if that foul was a phantom call you can't take away what he did to even get that game into overtime. Shaq said it better than anyone else : "He's the best right now". You damn straight daddy.

For as smart as Pat Riley is, why does he think Gary Payton can guard Jason Terry. Jet is just too quick for his old ass and he looks pretty bad out there. I would say you have to have Wade guard Terry and Posey on Howard. And for a guy who was so underrated seems like he's now a bit overrated (Josh Howard). Outside of last night's 20+ performance he made some crucial mistakes down the stretch.

Cuban running on the court like a fool was one of the funniest things I've ever seen. I thought his head was going to disintegrate. I gotta check out his blog to see if he posted anything on last night's game. I think he's good for the league because he cares about his team and the NBA but sometimes he acts like a jackass.

I love mozzarella. Especially fresh. So delicious.

Jury Duty was a blast. Sat in a room with 50 idiots who also ignored the first two notices that were sent to us. Then a little old judge came in the room, berated us for a half hour and said if we don't pick another date to serve that we would be fined $250 and possibly face some alone time with Bubba in the slammer. That shit didn't scare me. But my ass will be there to serve Dec 5th. $250 is no joke to me. I'm a frugal man.

Finally opened my King Kong DVD....what a long fucker. It was good though. I'd say three Jack and Cokes. The best actor in this epic was the actual Gorilla. He was great. It was obviously computer generated but the actor who made the blue screen actions was the same guy who was the Gollum in Lords of the Rings. He did a fantastic job. Naomi Watts was ok. Jack Black was good. Just a bit long like I mentioned.....

While at Pt.Pleasant yesterday I couldn't help but notice the outrageous sign that asks for $7 to come onto the beach. Apparently a family named Jekinson's owns the beach. They actually own the boardwalk too. I started to think how this could happen. I mean it's a beach along the Jersey Shore. How does that get purchased? And who owned it before? Do locals pay? Could I buy a beach? What about trees and parks? How bout the water? Do they own the water that sweeps onto the beach? Is this the most ridiculous thing ever?

$7 my ass. They'll see that in hell. Other places I notice also charge to get onto the beach. But it's only Jersey beaches that charge money to walk on the beach. Cape May, Belmar, etc. I don't know who thought this up or how this is even legal but I will protest any and every charge of money for me to inhabit a beach (much to the chagrin of my lovely lady).

HGH apparently can be had legally (David Segui). MLB again is a disaster when it comes to testing and the steroid policy. They really need to figure this out.

Mickelson just killed himself yesterday. That was ugly.

7 comments:

The Rev said...

MMM... mozzarella!

Jersey shore beaches can be so overrated. Just go to Atlantic City. Same beach, no price.

Los said...

I truly think David Stern is out to get Mark Cuban. The officiating at the end of the game was horrendous, Stackhouse was suspended for a hard foul that the refs didn't even throw him out for, and I bet Cuban gets bannished from this game for his post-game antics from the last game.

Stern is starting to resemble Hitler.

El Padrino said...

The Stack suspension was a joke....but the referees have been terrible for years. I wonder why Stern hasn't butted in on this issue. The NFL has this problem too. The Super Bowl was so poorly officiated it was like Watergate.

The Blonde Menace said...

Oh man fresh mozzarella with sliced tomatos and fresh basil... Mmm...

King Perkins said...

i watched king kong on a hdtv. it sucked ass, you could see that it was all done on a blue screen.

King Perkins said...

mark cuban looks like a total ass. i think they had to give stack one game because they gave everyone else this year the same thing. all stack had to do was put his hand up and make it look like he was going for a block.

El Padrino said...

Right, what killed Stack was the split second shot where he looked like a rabid dog about to eat a dead pigeon or something.