Thursday, June 15, 2006

Dumb, Dumber & Dumbest

This is Dumb, Dumber & Dumbest. It's the story of three athletes who have done some amazing things this week. Amazingly dumb things. I'll start things off with Dumb.

Dumb, a.k.a the choir boy from Duke University, was driving home early Tuesday morning when he noticed a police checkpoint ahead of him. So what does Dumb do? Makes a U-Turn of course! Why he made the U-turn I don't know. I guess he felt like he had too much to drink. Which, when police caught up with him, that was the case. The former Blue Devil star had a 0.11 Blood Alcohol Level and that my friends is a DUI. So dumb gets arrested and the parade of supporters come out marching saying how great of a student athlete he is and how he embodies what a student athlete should be at this prestigious University. Really? Making a fucking U-turn while buzzed less than a half a mile from a police checkpoint is what embodies a student athlete at Duke? High comedy. I wonder what he was drinking. White Zinfandel? Miller Lite? You think J.J is hardcore and goes Wild Turkey on a brother. Hey, I'm just wondering what a student athlete at Duke drinks.

Let's move on to Dumber. We all know athletes that buy Ferarri's drive them very fast when they could. I mean nobody buy's a car like that to take it to the Supermarket. So when I read that Esteban Loiaza, the A's 5th starting pitcher, got caught going 120MPH on a freeway in Oakland I kind of shrugged it off. But then three letters accompanied that article and those letters were D.U.I. DUDE!!! Are you fucking crazy. Do athletes have any brains at all? Do they all think they are indestructible? One wrong turn, one blown tire, one bad thing and your dead. No chance of living, none. Anyone remember the David Wesley crash that killed Bobby Phils? If I recall a fast sports car was involved. I don't think alcohol was involved but that just bolsters my argument. Driving over 120 MPH is dangerous enough but throw in a few beers and it's deadly. He's lucky he or someone else didn't get hurt. A night in jail and a lengthy suspension is two cents to pay compared to what it could've been.

Finally dumbest. I'm sure all of you know about the Ben Rothlisberger
accident early this week. Accidents happen. We all know that. Do you want to know what else we all know? That wearing a helmet while driving a motorcycle can prevent serious injuries from occurring. Apparently Big Dumbest didn't get the memo. Since it's not the law in PA (which looks extremely idiotic right now) he would rather not wear one. I wonder what he thinks now. Now that he has multiple facial fractures including a broken jaw and a concussion. Fool. Your 24 years old, you just came off a season in which you won the FUCKING Super Bowl and the entire town of Pittsburgh treat you like a family member. Ride the damn thing when you retire or how bout' this.....WEAR A FUCKING HELMET!!

4 comments:

The Rev said...

Pelle Lindbergh... need I say more.

Mama en Fuego said...

Fucking Ben, I would like to be a fly on the wall when Cowher chews his sorry stupid ass. Bastard. I am so pissed I could fly out just to stick my own foot in his ass, injured or not.

Stupid, stupid, stupid.

El Padrino said...

Becka I said the same thing. And Cowher was vacationing in NC when it happened so you know his ass was p'od.

Mama en Fuego said...

I think I heard my Father screaming profanity from across the country when he heard the news...