Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Mango Salsa


This name is growing on me. I think the commercial is hysterical. MANGO SALSA!!!

Ole' Soler pitched well last night. Shot in the arm for the back end of the rotation. I hope it continues. Trachsel pitched well last time out now let's see if Orlando Hern can stabilize and just give quality starts.

Soriano has got to be the skinniest home-run hitter ever. I mean the guy is a twig. He just flips his wrists and boom. How bout his season so far. Ranks 2nd in NL with 21 HR's, 2nd in Slugging %, 5th in Runs Scored and is holding his own in LF. After a off-season of turmoil about the position switch, he's putting together a serious (runner-up) MVP campaign.

Draft in baseball today. Always an interesting draft. Alot of hard-throwing kids in this one. Doug Drabek's kid looks pretty good-- also Tony Pena's son looks for real.

I'm doing a football stadium tour with a few buddies. We just started it last year. Our first stop was Atlanta, GA. The Georgiadome was a rocking for a showdown with the Bucs. It was a good game. Bucs won in overtime after Vick fumbled in his own territory. 34-31. This year it's Green Bay. I want to see Brett Farve in person. I also plan on a more local one. Knock out two in one season. Probably New England or Philly. The reason I bring this up is because I would like to do a baseball one too. I'm starting this year and I'm going over some picks now.

I've been pretty busy at work lately. My partner had a child and is out for two weeks or so. I'm keeping the posts short and sweet.

NBA Finals pick will be posted tomorrow.

I'll close by saying she came up a Wie bit short.

El Padrino, out.

5 comments:

Los said...

Ouch - a Wie Bit Short!

If you come down to Philly, maybe Smokin' and I can meet up with you.

BTW - nice t-shirt web site!

The Rev said...

I just had some chicken mango salsa over the weekend. It was excellent.

Football wise, I've been to both New England and Philly's football stadium. I actually think New England's is better. Philly's is good, but very corporate. New England got the fan friendliness right.

Baseball wise, Fenway Park is fantastic when it comes to history. But Philly's stadium is top-notch when it comes to fan friendliness.

The Rev said...

By the way... I would totally be into a meet up for a drink at the Philly ballpark with Los and you. They have great bars right in the park.

El Padrino said...

I'll let you guys know. Unfortunately the Mets and Phils only weekend series is at Shea.
But eyeing Braves/Phils in July.
Keep ya posted.

The Rev said...

And July 22nd is photo day, where you can go on the field and take pics of the Phillies. That would be a good day to choose.