Monday, August 07, 2006

Mango Salsa

What up bitches. It's been a nice week off and today I promised myself I wouldn't' be that sad guy that woke up on a beach in Mexico on Saturday and is now at work on Monday morning. I'm not that guy. Vacation softens ya a bit.
I'll write a full review of the Riu Palace in Los Cabos San Lucas Mexico for tomorrow. I also want to post some pictures. Til then here's some Mango Salsa for your hungry asses.

- I'm so ecstatic that Flavor of Love is back. The women are even more retarded than the first one. Great TV.

- My tan is ridiculous right now.

- Took home a bottle of Johnnie Walker Blue ($129) and Green ($59) plus Cabo Wabo Tequilla ($35). The duty free shop at the aeropuerto was muy bueno.

- Football is just around the corner, last night the Raiders and Eagles kicked off the pre-season schedule at the Hall of Fame Game in Canton.

- It was nice to see Harry Carson finally wearing the yellow jacket. And if you don't think Troy Aikman is gay you have no gaydar.

- Saturday's flight was awful. Behind me was a giant woman wearing a yellow quilt with a hood. I think she ate one of her flip flops cuz she was missing one. She took up three seats by herself. There was only room for one of her screaming children. The baby screamed her head off for a good 2 hours or so. She was then replaced by a screaming toddler who cried the whole descent into the JFK. It was lovely. The baby was so loud at times that it trumped the highest decibel allowed by Apple on my IPOD. On top of this the movie they were showing was The Sentinel which I wanted to see. But in rows 14-21 ( I was in 19) you couldn't see because the drop down screened weren't working. So unless you had a plastic man-like neck you weren't watching anything but the back of the seat in front of you. I also did not have a window seat which makes irritates me and everyone I was traveling with was seated somewhere else. Basically is was hell at 34,000 feet.

- If you cut me open I would bleed Corona and rum.

- I'm a little behind on my baseball which I have to remind myself....Mental Note: No more vacation during the trade deadline in baseball. Either a week before or a week after.
I can't miss stuff like that. First thing I did when I got home Sat night was check out Sportscenter and saw Greg Maddux on the Dodgers, Roberto Hernandez on the Mets, and Bobby Abreu on the Yanks. I must look up details. Plus I found out the Mets best reliever (Duaner Sanchez) was in a car accident in which he hurt his shoulder and is out for the year.

- Re-fried beans in the morning with breakfast...not a bad idea.

- Everytime someone at the resort spoke Spanish to myself or crew they got a "Stop it. You know I don't speak Spanish" in a Ron Burgundy voice. Classic.

- Sunburn and cactus. Both are physically painful.

- Two words (well three but the hyphen makes it two) : SWIM UP-BAR

- And now for the TJOKES.COM shirt of the week brought to you by El Squid Roe Bar and Grill. http://www.spreadshirt.com/shop.php?op=article&article_id=1149701#top

9 comments:

Fairmaiden327 said...

So happy you're back. Yeah lots of booze would be pouring from me too - at this point, and the occasional fatty.

I wanna see pics.

The Rev said...

Yeah dude... you need to schedule your vacation for after the trade deadline next year.

Coming back and seeing Bobby Abreu in black pinstripes must be like entering another dimension.

Swim up bar... I experienced one in Cancun once. It definitely did not suck.

Christina_the_wench said...

Did you just call me a bitch? I think you did.

Welcome back, you lazy bastard. Any good Mexican liquor brought back for us? Hmmm?

El Padrino said...

Crass, at his hall of fame speech on Sat he thanked his roomate for ten years. I'm jus sayin.

wench- cabo wabo tequilla

rev- Fuckin yanks with the two dimes for a dollar trade. typical

FM- i will try and post some shortly

The Rev said...

It's not that Troy was or wasn't gay... it's that he was overrated.

Los said...

3-time Super Bowl winning qb overrated? How is that possible, Smokin'?

That Cabo is the best Tequila I've tasted so far ... of course I'm willing to try others.

El Padrino said...

Crass: Nah, I'm as cool as a polar bear's toenails

Rev- um-- overated cuz of Smith, Irvin and the great Neil O'Donnel or overated cuz you despise the cowboys?

Loa- don julio was terrific as well..but i loved the Cabo Wabo

The Rev said...

Smith and Irvin made Aikman look much better. And that killer O-line did too.

Without them, he is an average QB.

Steph said...

I don't like swim up bars. You never see too many people leave to use the bathroom.
Just sayin.