Friday, June 22, 2007

Coney Island

There are some grand plans for Coney Island, the famed Brooklyn beach that rests comfortably in New York City lore. Check out what Thor Equities have in store for the sacred spot. (they better not fuck with Nathans!)

First a little education....Coney Island.

Now here is Thor's website with loose plans to turn Coney Island into a resort town.
The Future of Coney Island

Plans of resorts and crap

It's a huge story here because even though it was a rundown piece of shit place to be it was everyone's childhood memory of an amusement park. When I was a kid we went there, when my father was a kid he went there and when his father was a kid he wished he went there!

I'm a little skeptic of course but what ca i do? I don't have 1.6 billion dollars to stop it so I can only hope they don't fuck it up.

Glad they are keeping the Cyclone running though. Gonna have to hop on that thing for old times sake. If I die on it, so be it.

6 comments:

ToddPacker said...

the cyclone was a very bumpy coaster last time i went on it... i think it was '86 or '87.... i felt like my insides were still shaking around an hour after the ride.... i really hope they don't mess with nathans

El Padrino said...

it's so old and it's all wooden
you could easily die on it

Crassius Maximus said...

MMMM. Nathan's.

Superstar said...

I suddenly have a craving for a chilli Dog...HMMMM

Chris Morris said...

Now if they could just get that Assbury Park, N.J. Revitalization Committee going...

Los said...

My parents always took me to Avalon as a child. I try and make it down to the Outer Banks every year now ... much more peaceful.