Wednesday, June 13, 2007

If the I-pod was a man, I'd be gay.

The Ipod.

Revolutionized music as we know it.
Exactly how great is it?
I can sum that up for you in one sentence.

Yielding the power of having 10,000 songs in the palm of your hand.

Done and done.

My music tastes are widespread like poverty. I like mostly everything except "folk" music, certain country music, most techno and some pop. But there isn't a genre in my ipod to which I discourage.

What's better is that all of this music, is, in a word....."discounted" (*wink).

So if I catch on to a obscure band I can search the net and find thier music. I don't have to wait for the "album" to drop or for the buzz to go commercial. I can Limewire or Torrent that sumbitch faster than a pre-mature orgasm.

Sometimes I just put the I-Pod on and shuffle all 7,000 songs to see which song will pop up.

Will it be "Hello" by Lionel Richie?
Will it be "War" by Edwin Starr?
Will it be "One" by U2?
Will it be "What's Beef" by The Notorious Big?
Will it be "Hurt" by NIN?
Will it be "Summer Wind" by Fran Sinatra?

The possibilities keep my giddy.

I also like making playlists with funny titles. Titles like "Cactus" or "Tig Ol' Bitties"

I haven't purchased a CD in 3 years. I don't even have a CD player in my house (even though DVD and the XBOX can play them). All I need is my headphones, my computer, my Bose Soundock and for car rides my FM transmitter. I'm all set.

I-Pod, I heart you.

13 comments:

ToddPacker said...

i dare you to name your kid I-pod

Mama en Fuego said...

ROFLMAO at Todd Packer.

Don't man...he'll do it.

I love my I-Pod, i lost it once and was totally frantic searching everywhere and then deduced that someone had jacked it so I got a new one and a month later, I found it under my seat in my car.

I put audiobooks on mine cuz I'm a geek like that but for real I cannot work out with out the music on my ipod. It's like the soundrack to my life.

El Padrino said...

I-POD Seymour (my last name)

done and done!

word mama, fucking word
sountrack to life

Crassius Maximus said...

That's a ringing endorsement. I need to get one since I like Tupac as well as Led Zepplin.

El Padrino said...

crass, get one now
as in immediately

Anonymous said...

"Will it be "What's Beef" by The Notorious Big?"

You have a crush on me, don't you?

El Padrino said...

meiz, one of my all time favs from the Big

Superstar said...

~looks around~
Yeah, I don't have one...
I'm lame!
~opens CD case and puts into the player~

Professor Chaos said...

Still working on getting Reyes?

El Padrino said...

50 lashes with a wet noodle!

Professor Chaos said...

If you get him we can probably make something work...Wright/Reyes framework?

El Padrino said...

i wouldnt say no but it will be difficult

Steph said...

Amen to that.
I haven't bought a CD since I discovered the "discounts" online.