Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Yo Soy tu Papi

Fathers day, me, my unc and cuz hit Marine Park for a little basketball. About 9am we head out and play three on three for a couple of hours. It's cool. It's like a father's day tradition. We are all pretty good at basketball so usually we win. Once in awhile we lose but that don't matter. As long as we hoopin' together.

He's tall and is a very good rebounder. My cuz is dead on from beyond the arc and a excellent passer and me, i'm fast to the hole and my jumpshot is money. And we all defend well.

I lived with my unc from 18 til i married so he's like my pops. My dad passed years ago but it's all good cuz of the fam i have. We all tight like Jessica Biel's bootay.

Anywayz we gonna try this every weekend. Sunday am, us three taking on the world. Marine Park gots some pretty good ballers so the comp is always good. There are 8 half courts or 4 full. We never run full. It's always three on three's. If it gets crowded we go four but rarely. It's mostly jews and blacks that play there. We are almost always the only white folf who aint jewish but again, the comp is good so we dont care. I love playing against the brothers anyway. It's a nice run, a good test if you will. They are the dominant in the sport no doubt so it's nice to measure up, if you will. They are fast and can jump high. You gotta body them up, can't let them just fly to the hole.

The Jews are shooters. They hit set shots and set screens all day long. Without a hand in thier face they will hit every shot. No joke. You can lose real quick to them if you ain't up in their grill. On defense they are grabbers. They grab the shit out of me cuz like i said, I'm fast to the hole. but it's all good, I never call foul so it's real rewarding when i score with a jew hangin on my back.

basketball = fun

10 comments:

ToddPacker said...

this post make me laugh quite a bit

El Padrino said...

i'm funny like how, like a clown

i amuse you?

Crassius Maximus said...

Man I hooped at Richland JC (off/point guard) and used to be able to dunk wif ease. Basketball became too hard on my feet so I opted for a less demanding sport when I turned 25, semi pro football. I used to hoop constantly and no doubt, ballin' in the hood is the best way to get down. I never have had the pleasure of a Jew "and one" tho'.

Mama en Fuego said...

i'm fast to the hole and my jumpshot is money.

And this my friend is why your wife is pregnant. Your first 'true' Father's Day is going to be aaaaawesome. It was for Tony, he had a great time being Daddy.

El Padrino said...

hahahah
nice one mama

Los said...

I used to play a lot of basketball, and was a decent outside shot, good passer, and played well on defense ... now, I probably suck at all 3.

Anonymous said...

Shhhiiiiiitttt!!! Boy tinks he can ball...

El Padrino said...

age hurts los

Steph said...

You aint the most polically correct person in the world are you?
Haaaaaaaahaha!

El Padrino said...

steph

that's not me, no