Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Do you mind if I talk business for a minute?

I have this book, this book of ideas that I toil around with from time to time. It has alot of ideas that I think I can turn into inventions or business. It all started with Tjokes.Com which is my t-shirt business that I run with 2 other guys. I'm actually in the process of streamlining that business because I don't feel like it's reaching it's potential. I have a grand idea for that business that I cannot discuss right now because I am in the works to Incorporate a totally different brand that I feel can take a share of the fashion market. It's probably a funny thing too because I'm no fashion bug and I certainly am not a homo but I am funny and creative so that must fuel this clothing line dream of mine.

Other ideas I have (without giving too much away) are:

A Book: yes your boy El Padrino wants to write a book. No not a romance novel or a scary story but I want to write an informative book. A book about life and how to handle certain situations. I wish I could elaborate more but again I get a good number of hits on this blog and I don't want my ideas to be pilfered just cause I feel like telling my business stories, ya know?
Plus I'm from Brooklyn. We trust no one.

A Restaurant: Why not? I love food. I know how to cook and I know what makes a good restaurant (good food, good service, nice wine list). I like to interact with people most of the time (especially when they order the surf and turf) and I can have family help out which is always a bonus. (I would call the place Jessica's or North Grill)

A Hot Dog Stand: Sort of like a Stewart's (I don't know if these are all over the country).
The Hot Dog Stand would feature the world's only.....drumroll please...............
"The Footlong Mozzarella Stick". That's right. A footlong fried stick of cheese. This is genius. It's been a lifelong dream of mine to create this beast of a appetizer. I want to revolutionize the appetizer genre. I already have developed a menu for this venture.
No I'm not crazy.

Bottled Water- Why the fuck not. Everyone else has one. I was thinking of just calling it Tap Water. Bottle it in a cool looking bottle, charge a buck fitty and buy myself a garage full of corvettes. It's the American dream baby!

A Wedding Singer- Stop laughing. Serious stop. I'll wait.......
I really think I can do this. It's looks so easy and I really can't sing but I can train myself to sound good. Not Al Green good but more like a young Sinatra or Dean Martin. Not one's to carry notes but nice short delivery that's soothing. I can totally do this. If that don't work I can always DJ weddings and shit. I'd be a good emcee. Plus I have DJ experience as a teen.

I have more....but 5 is enough...for now.

21 comments:

El Padrino said...

You could lip sync it....
and i wont pops.

El Padrino said...

Really who cant belt out "we are Family"

i got all my sisters in me
yeah!!!!

that's child's play
for the serious songs you throw the backtrack on there and Ashlee simpson that bitch

Stiggy said...

You know, my sister is getting married next year and she's thinking of having a band and a DJ. You could do both....

El Padrino said...

yes stiggs
i'm the hybrid dj

iamunstoppable said...

i just went a huge chubby one thinking of a footlong mozza stick.

i literally have tears in my eyes. im not even kidding. my heart fluttered a bit just thinking about it. (i think thats from the potential clogging, but i'll ignore that).

and ya know that "awwwwwwh" thing that people do when they see a little kid in a cute outfit or something... well thats what i just did. is that bad?

El Padrino said...

not bad IAM
good -- good feelings

im telling you
this invention will lift spirits all across the world

iamunstoppable said...

oh, i'd be the first one in line for one of those. you sir are a god.

i'd like a table by the window please..

El Padrino said...

noted!

Anonymous said...

lmmfao! i just want you to know that i just had a freakin coronary from your foot long mozzerella stick idea. wrap it in tin foil and sell it like churros! lol ! oh god thats funny. and profitable!

by the way... your shirts are cool. if you got any fat girl snarky ones TORRID is always lookin for good clothing to buy from. they pay good money for that kinda stuff.

El Padrino said...

thank you yasamin i will keep that in mind!

ToddPacker said...

a foot long cheese stick is a phenomenal idea...keep the dream alive

i think the name of you Restaurant should be "El Shea"...very classy

El Padrino said...

i like TP , i like

Steph said...

You'll be a MILLIONAIRE!

And then i can borrow money.

Go on with your big ideas, but hurry up. I have my eye on a hot ass pair of Jimmy Shoe wedge heels.

Los said...

Love the foot-long mozzarella stick idea. I've thought that the appetizer business needs a little shakeup. Piggybacking along with that, we need some new idea with regards to the french fry. I don't know if it is some other type of thing to dip it into (instead of ketchup) or if it needs to be a fry stuffed with something. I did come up with an idea for fast-food restaurants - the fry containers need a lip that you can pull out and put the ketchup on.

And, singing We are Family is fathomable ... but, how many times are you willing to sing this before splitting your head with an axe?

Fairmaiden327 said...

My son would be your first Foot Long Mozzarella customer. Imagine the money you can make from kids. Well, their parents. Like the restaurant name choices. Wedding Singer, eh. As for the book, do it now before you move on to other things. Go for it.

Fairmaiden327 said...

Stiggy: Hi! Long time no see.

El Padrino said...

steph- no interest rate for you!

los- feel ya on the fries
check out pomme frite place in the village if your ever in NYC

El Padrino said...

fm- im all over it

The Rev said...

So you think you can DJ weddings, eh?

It can be really good money. It also takes up your weekends.

But I love it.

El Padrino said...

i kno i can rev....
not in a "this is easy kind of way"

cuz i know it's hard work

tem said...

restaurants lose money hand over fist, avoid at all costs.