Monday, June 22, 2009

Fasten Your Seatbelt

Are all cops douchebags? Never ran into one that wasn't, that's for sure. This morning I had to move my car because in NYC we have what's called Alternate Side Parking. If you don't move your car you get a ticket from the Dept. of Sanitation who need to clean the streets. So as I was walking to my car I saw a spot on the "right" side of the street. As I hurried to get there I turned the corner only to see a cop car, but he waved me to go first, nice gesture I thought. Then as I line up the spot, check my mirror he has his lights on. I continue backing into the spot thinking those lights can't be for me so on the loudspeaker cop #1 says please stop your vehicle. For fuck's sake I stop, they come out, act like I'm a carjacking thief because they stand like 10 feet away and approach from both the driver's side and the passenger side ask for my paperwork and return with a $120 ticket for not wearing a seatbelt. Unfucking real. I told the cop I live up the block and was simply moving my car, his retort was "fasten your seatbelt the before you move your vehicle, it's law". Fucking cuntbag.

Seatbelt law in itself is dumb anyway. If I want to risk my life that should be my decision. It won't directly harm someone else if I'm not wearing a seatbelt. It's not like I would be projected through the car window and spear some old lady driving down the street the wrong way. Lawmakers are the worst.

3 comments:

Spaceman Spiff said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Spaceman Spiff said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Los said...

Yeah, some cops are real jerks ... this seems like one of them.