Thursday, June 17, 2010

One steak please extra antibiotics.

I'm finally starting to look into this "Organic" food era we are in now. Yuppies have been riding this horse for quite sometime now and it looks like it isn't going away. Also the Food Network, Top Chef and all these cooking shows/programming have been shoving this shit down our throats. Problem I've had with it has been two fold. One, the price. Shit is like double of what I'd normally pay for just about anything that says "Organic". Two, not sure it makes that much of a difference.

No I don't like eating stuff with pesticides on it and yes I'd prefer my meat to not be raised on drugs or what have you. But my parents and my grandparents ate nothing organic for the most part. Granted they are dead (cept for Mom) but certaintly not from eating Waldbaums brand chicken breasts. Point is, what's the major differences, truthfully. I intend to get to the bottom of that. Will clue you in once I do.

Oh forgot one thing. Fuck PETA.

5 comments:

Meiz said...

Are you unaware that you're a yuppie?

Los said...

Price keeps me away as well ... although with a little one on the way, maybe I need to rethink things ...

El Padrino said...

congrats los!

El Padrino said...

i am not a yuppie

Meiz said...

Google is your friend, yuppie