Monday, July 10, 2006

Mango Salsa

Real quick post before I hit you with a sports brainteaser tomorrow....

ITALY wins it's 4th world cup with a 5-3 penalty kick victory over France. I thought my neighborhood was going to burn down. The celebration last week was a bar mitzah compared to yesterday. Just nuts.

A building on the upper east side in Manhattan exploded this a.m. Does not seem to be terrorist related. In fact the NYC fire commish says it was a gas explosion. We'll see. Anytime something like this happens us New Yorkers kind of get taken back in time a little bit. And until it's confirmed terrorists are not involved we believe they are (I should say I believe they are).
http://www.cnn.com/2006/US/07/10/building.collapse/index.html

This North Korea Dung beetle is causing major problems in the world. Now, Japan is looking into attacking them. Don't think for one second that US won't be involved in a war in Asia if the shit hits the fan. If you care, keep an eye on this.

MLB notes : I think the Phillies will trade either Burrell or Abreu to Yanks at some point in the next three weeks. If not then Jacque Jones or Aubrey Huff. Yanks will definitely need to make at least two moves if they want to catch the Red Sox. A outfielder is one of those moves.

Mets also need a move or two, just to tweak the machine. A pitching upgrade somewhere along the line would help.

Tigers keep on rolling. Nomar, nice to see him doing well. Also nice to see Piazza doing good.
I'm glad he'll be wearing the NY on his hall of fame plaque.

Monday's are rough. Who likes Monday's? I got three weeks left til vacation. Countdown begins.

http://www.tjokes.com/ is my t-shirt company as you may already know. Part of the reason for me starting this blog was to advertise a bit for the website. But lemme just say this ain't no cheap plug thing. This is real and I have a few ideas as to where I want this thing to go. None I can say right now because I'm still trying to get some things legally protected but let's just say you could be looking at the next Ralph Lauren (except I'm not gay and I don't wear pink pants and shit). Let me also say that I actually enjoy writing some shit on the blog and that I've posted alot more than I thought I would. Some on part because of the comments and stuff so thanks to all in the blog community who read and comment. Much appreciated. Anyway every Monday I want to highlight a Tjokes product. I'll call it the Shirt of the Week. you'll find it every Monday on a post, may or may not be with some writing. Here's this week's.

http://www.spreadshirt.com/shop.php?op=article&article_id=1172018#top


Like it says (and the color says it all) June-August only. This shirt is un-rockable (made-up word alert) in the winter.

El Padrino, out.

3 comments:

The Rev said...

Please, let it be Burrell that gets traded to the Yanks. Then I won't feel so guilty about disliking him so much.

Los said...

I hope BOTH Burrell and Abreu go, along with Lieberthal. They've been together for about 7 years, and the locker-room atmosphere is worse than the atmosphere on the moon.

El Padrino said...

Smok/Los : They all need a change of scenary.

Crass: Thx Crass, good to know--cuz Tex got some crazy sumbitches

Setvo- thx bro