Thursday, July 13, 2006

Ooh Aah!!

Anyone else notice that Al Pacino has given us nothing since Any Given Sunday (for others, The Insider or Devil's Advocate) way back in 1999? I mean he's still one of the best/greatest as far as I'm concerned but he's been off for awhile, no?
Insomnia: I think this missed the mark a bit, quite disappointing.
S1m0ne: absolutely terrible.
The Recruit: Better but I felt like SWAT was the same movie. Especially since Colin Farrell was in both.
Gigli: Yes he was in it. Pardon the man please. For Christs Sake this is Michael Corleone were talking about here.
The Merchant of Venice: Actually I didn't see it but I read the reviews and they were not impressive.
Two For The Money: Again, lukewarm. No wows, no "that was a great Pacino moment".

And that's wraps it up. See. Crap since 1999. Pacino come back. Some of my favorite Pacino characters are:

Michael Corleone: The Godfather
"I know it was you Fredo. You broke my heart. You broke my heart!

Officer Frank Serpico: Serpico
"The reality is that we do not wash our own laundry - it just gets dirtier.

Sonny: Dog Day Afternoon
"ATTICA!!! ATTICA!!"

Tony Montana: Scarface
"Say Hello to my lil friend"

Ricky Roma: Glengary Glen Ross
"WHAT YOU'RE HIRED FOR, is to help us... does that seem clear to you? TO HELP US, not to... FUCK-US-UP... to help those who are going out there to try to earn a living... You fairy. You company man."

Lt. Col Frank Slade: Scent Of A Woman ( I can recite just about the entire movie, which by the way was one of his best performances.)
"You're in no position to disagree with me, boy. I got a loaded .45 here. You got pimples.

Carlito "Charlie" Brigante: Carlito's Way
"You think you're big time? You gonna fuckin' die - big time."

Lt. Vincent Hanna: Heat
"My life's a disaster zone. I got a stepdaughter so fucked up because her real father's this large-type asshole. I got a wife, we're passing each other on the down-slope of a marriage - my third - because I spend all my time chasing guys like you around the block. That's my life"

Benjamin "Lefty" Ruggiero: Donnie Brasco
"How many times have I had you in my house? If you're a rat, then I'm the biggest mutt in the history of the Mafia."

John Milton (Devil) : The Devil's Advocate
" There's this beautiful girl just fucked me forty ways from Sunday... we're done, she's walking to the bathroom, she's trying to walk, she turns... she looks... it's me. Not the Trojan army just fucked her. Little ol' me. She gets this look on her face like: "How the hell did that happen?"

Come back Al. Come back.

7 comments:

Los said...

He is getting up in the years, isn't he? Maybe he can get into a comedy, like Frank Drebbin did.

El Padrino said...

A little but that doesn't stop Eastwood or DeNiro. Although Deniro has had some stinkers too. But since 1999 he's given us better quality than Al.

Steph said...

Wow, you know all that just from memory?
Some fine movie moments right there.

Fairmaiden327 said...

Why are you longing for days of yore? Ever since he got a face lift he's unwatchable. I put him on a shelf when I heard him screaming, once again in The Devil's Advocate.

El Padrino said...

steph- ima movie buff

fair maiden- yes i do..90% of tyhe movies that come out today blow moosecock

Mimi's first time looks good...

The Rev said...

The Devil's Advocate was awesome, despite it starring Keanu Reeves.

You're right though. Since Any Given Sunday he hasn't chosen great vehicles. I liked the Recruit, but I was disappointed in Two For The Money.

Fairmaiden327 said...

EP - I love that you're using moosecock. Ha ha.