Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Wasn't That Bad

Well, that wasn't that bad. Giants Stadium was packed to capacity last night. It was weird being there for a concert and not watching the boys in blue kicking ass. But I was there and I was going to make the best of it.

So my sister in-law and her boyfriend got there earlier to set-up the grill and chairs. Before we arrived I guzzled two beers home and told my wife that I must be obliterated tonight in order to enjoy myself. She hastily agreed, warning me not to get sick. So we pull up and they already have the food ready and hot. I forego the burgers and dogs to head straight to the cooler. The cooler is where the magic is. I quickly pound down three beers and we are just having a good time with the whole tailgating atmosphere. It was about 176 degrees out so the beer was going down like Poland Spring.

We decide to head down towards the stadium after about an hour and a half. I've had about 9 beers in that time and was feeling it. Espeacially since I ate nothing. So before we start the walk I wolf down two burgers. I make sure to bring two more cans of brew for the walk to the gate. As we enter we realize that Nickelback is on and rush to our seats just to see if A) they are good seats and B) they actually have a few good rock songs.

After their set me and three other guys I was with decided to go on a beer run. Concessions is where the money is at cuz I got charged $7 for crappy beer but had no choice. We come back to our seats only to hear the crowd start the JBJ chant about as loud as 12 jet engines. They love this guy. It's just crazy.

The crowd, much to my surprise, was filled with women in their 20's and 30's. Yes!! I only saw maybe 12 -15 old people. And when I say old I mean like 50's. Not bad. The women that were in their 40's were MILF's so that didn't bother me cuz MILF's are ok by me. Anyway the crowd was getting louder and louder until a man with tight pants emerged from the stage and that's when the stadium shook. Crazed woman screaming at the top of their lungs (my wife included).
I always knew she loved this guy but I never heard her scream like that. I'm glad I came because I made her very happy and scored some serious Brownie points.

So he starts belting out some of his new songs and the crowd is digging it. After a few of those he goes back in time and starts doing his money-makers. You know like "You Give Love A Bad Name" "I'll Be There For You" "Bad Medicine" "Wanted Dead Or Alive" don't act like you don't know them. These were the songs that put them on the map. They far exceeded their Hair Metal stage and lasted alot longer then all of them. I even got into a few of them but I was wasted so it doesn't count.

Mostly the crowd stayed at a decibel that would kill Mariah Carey. But he was not done. After pretending to be done by saying "good night" and walking off the stage the crowd wanted none of that. They chanted and chanted hoping to coax a encore song or two. They got thier wish. When he re-emerged the place went bananas. And when he started playing "Living On A Prayer", holy hell the place blew up. If Giants Stadium had a roof it would have been 20 miles in the aire by now. "Living On A Prayer" is probably the most popular Bon Jovi song ever and is a a decent track(keep in mind they have sold over 100 million records worldwide). Well need I say the whole place sang along. I need not. That last 4 minutes was a good time. And all in all, it wasn't that bad.

P.S I'm not spell-checking this post.

12 comments:

Christina_the_wench said...

OMG I should have given you MY panties to throw. He is soo hot. I bet you got laid last night if you weren't too drunk, didn't you?

concha said...

it's too bad that decible didn't kill mariah.

Fairmaiden327 said...

You're married - WTF?!? Seriously, never had a clue. And of course that would score you points with the Missus, you took your lumps. All in all, entertaining read -- been dying to hear how this went.

El Padrino said...

Christina: OH YEAH!

Concha: Me and mariah go back like babies and pacifiers

FM: yep, another one bit the dust 8 months ago..

The Rev said...

I saw Bon Jovi at Live 8. I wasn't that impressed.

Los said...

Nickleback??? Seriously?

El Padrino said...

Rev: i was impressed with thier worshipers

Los: They ain't bad. It's the Z100 cover band type music.

Los said...

I gotta say - that song Photograph by Nickleback (or is it Three Doors Down) makes me throw up in my mouth a little every time I hear it.

Christina_the_wench said...

los, the hell you say! Nickelback was awesome in concert. We need to talk.

iamunstoppable said...

nickleback.... aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!

2nd surprise was that The Pad' is married.. so does the wife read the blog?

oh, and nobody can goof on classic JBJ.

El Padrino said...

yep married

my life is over

on the bright side I'll be getting a beer belly by next summer

Anonymous said...

Cool blog, interesting information... Keep it UP Netvista 2276 graphics card http://www.income-taxes-7.info/Bras-eczema.html Indoor air purifiers cleaner image what is a harddrive partition endstat ionizers Circuit breaker westinghouse alisha kia